Problem with open case.

SueLautieri
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

I had a customer open a dispute for non receipt of goods through Paypal then escalated it to a claim within one minute therefore not giving me the chance to respond.

I have contacted the buyer via ebay to try to resolve this issue but she now claims that she didn't make the purchase and that someone has used her account fraudulently.

I don't understand why you would open a case for non-receipt for something you alledgedly didn't buy.  It doesn't make sense.  I have to wonder if I am being scammed

I have tried to comment to paypal on the case but it only allows for the upload of a tracking number or a refund.  How can I explain to paypal that there is something not right with this?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

NailedIt12
New Community Member

I am having a similar problem as I can't explain to Paypal what the problem is, I didn't know there was a problem until  it was escalated to a claim, but it is annoying not to be able to explain and perhaps sort it out.  If you find a way to contact Paypal and explain your problem, please let me know and I will pass it on. Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SueLautieri

The ''only'' thing that paypal will accept if the buyer did indeed open an item not received dispute and NOT an unauthorised purchase dispute is a tracking number from you to prove delivery of the item to the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.