Potential Fraudulent Activity

iarealexio
Contributor
Contributor

This has been an ongoing problem for around 6 weeks now. I put a digital code for an item on sale on eBay which was won by an individual for £20. The buyer then sent and cancelled payment about 3 times using echeques. Finally, the buyer sent another echeque and placed a large amount of pressure on me to send the item. I then sent the item as a gensture of good customer service despite seeing that the payment was pending on my Paypal account (I thought that it was only processing and was secured). The buyer then cancelled the payment after receiving the item and is/has completely ignored me for the last 5/6 weeks. The buyer has the item and has not paid and I feel like I am out of options. 

Any help is appreciated.

(NB This is my first time selling via eBay/Paypal. I was not aware of what an echeque was; please do not lecture me that I shouldnt have sent the items as I am now aware of that and it is no longer an issue. Also, I have exhausted all availible options via eBay and have even contacted the law enforcement sector of eBay only to receive no reply after a substantial amount of time. Only help is welcome; not unhelpful critisisms)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iarealexio

Sorry but you can't force someone to pay you if you have sent and he has cancelled.

Also be VERY careful selling digital / virtual items and using paypal as you have NO paypal seller protection.

It is the highest area of scam sales unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.