Please help me :(

Kika1234
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have been selling on eBay since 2013, sold 100-200 items every month but this is the first time when I experienced this.

Buyer from Belarus bought a cheap eBay item from me on 9th December 2015, no contact, now 140 days later opens an INR dispute in PayPal. The dispute was escalated to a claim by the buyer 1 minute after it was opened.

I had no chance to comment to the case, investigate it or do anything. I tried to e-mail the buyer, he is not responding.

The case is escalated, I can not do anything, if it's closed in buyer's favor, I receive a "Case closed without seller's resolution" defect, which will bring my defectless Top Rated seller account Below Standard. 

I had no more than 1-2 PayPal cases opened per year and never had anything escalated, I have no idea how this works. 

Could you please anyone advise me how to win this case? If you have any experience.

In the case it says, that I can refund the buyer, provide proof that I refunded the buyer or have to provide compelling evidence - tracking number showing delivery to buyer's postcode.

In my country tracking numbers do not show buyer's postcode, they show every status of the shipment but no locations.

I have tracking number, which shows, that the item was shipped on 9th December and delivered on 17th December. But no postcode:(

I called to PayPal but they were not very helpful, they only added the option to upload files to the case.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kika1234

Sorry but i am a bit confused. If a buyer has not received an item that you posted then surely you would just refund them?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kika1234
Contributor
Contributor

As I said, tracking shows, that the item was delivered. Buyer never contacted me. Buyer just opened and immediately escalated a case in PayPal after 140 days since purchase. I had no chance to communicate with him. I have no problem to refund the buyer, if the item was not received. But the case is escalated, so if I refund, I receive a defect in eBay.

I need some advice about how to win a case in PayPal, if I have a tracking showing delivery.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kika1234

If a buyer files a dispute for non receipt of item then paypal will check any tracking number that you have provided.

If tracking shows that the item was delivered then you should automatically win.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kika1234
Contributor
Contributor

So, the dispute was closed with" We have refunded the buyer at no cost to you". Do they always close them like this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kika1234

Sometimes they refund the buyer as a ''goodwill gesture'' at no expense to you for whatever reason best known to themselves  !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.