Pending payment on Ebay *help please*

Chrissy987
New Community Member

hiya

I have a buyer who has brought two items from me,

Ebay says there payment is pending but it shows no sign on my papal account?

Any solutions

Thanks

Login to Me Too
173 REPLIES 173

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

The money wont come thru if u cant verify it 

Ppal will be able to help u access it or u can choose the other options given to receive the payment

Login to Me Too

Lillywhizz
Contributor
Contributor
It's all sorted now, thank you. I have my money.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Goodo, well done and your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Flea1
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal have held yet another one of my payments for the 2nd time in 5 days, they originally said it was ebay who had held the funds. So I spoke to ebay and they have said that it isn't them it is paypal. 

So I rang paypal and because according to them I haven't sold over 25 items that they have put it on hold. They really need to sort out their story and actually check as if they did they would see I have sold 50+ items 90% of which have gone through paypal. I am really at a loss with the poor service by paypal, a firm that actually charges me so that they can then withhold money from me that is actually mine for the sale of goods. 

I am now looking for an alternative to paypal as I feel that once I have finally received my money I will no longer supporting them and their poor practices of making interest on their customers money as well as charging them for the priveledge to do so. Shame on you Paypal, so long and soon to be good riddance.

Login to Me Too

breslina31
Contributor
Contributor

The reason PayPal was popular it offered immediate funds transfer,forgetting how you got here PayPal? 

Release funds immediately.

Login to Me Too

NicholasH

This has just happened to me today and it is infuriating. Here is the reason they have done it, sent to me in an email. Followed by my response. I am not at all happy about it, and like others would like a less intrusive alternative to paypal. I also have a feeling it is going to happen with all my current listings. Anyway here's the correspondence:

PAYPAL:

Dear Nicholas Horsfield,

You received a payment from R***n.

Here are the details:
• Buyer name: R***n
• Payment amount: £73.29 GBP
• Your transaction ID: 8***************7

The money is in your pending balance and typically available 213503982317833 days from the payment date, or once the buyer confirms they're happy with the item.

We're holding the money because this transaction may involve higher than usual risk. This may be because:

• The selling price of this item/order is inconsistent with your recent sales.
• The transaction is inconsistent with your business model.
• You're selling an item that can potentially cause dissatisfaction with customers.
• Your account was inactive for a while.

Here's what you can do to speed things up:

• In your PayPal account, mark the item as sent. Your money will be available within 7 days of the postage date (14 days if you're shipping to an international location).
• If your item doesn't need to be posted (e-book, piano lessons, etc.), mark the order as processed and provide details.

Your money will be available within 7 days of you marking the order as processed.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

MY REPLY:

This is completely unsatisfactory. I have a buyer WAITING for their Item!! How can I possibly send it without receiving payment, and how can you take it upon yourself to hold back MY money!?? Please can you release my money immediately so I can proceed with the transaction. And what on earth does this mean: The money is in your pending balance and typically available 213503982317833 days from the payment date, or once the buyer confirms they're happy with the item. ????

It's all complete nonsense.

*This transaction is NOT inconsistent with my business model (I am not in business, I am selling my own private household goods! - which could be anything from a camera to a washing machine!) The selling price is consistent as well, not that it should be ANY of your concern.

*My Items have been selling from £30-100 or slightly more or less.

*My account has not been inactive for a while!

So all your reasons for stealing my money, and it is stealing if you wont give it to me for the twenty one thousand billion days you ridiculously quoted, are completely unfounded.

Further more. Since when did paypal involve themselves in seller buyer disputes BEFORE (and IF) they even occur! It is MY responsibility to make the buyer happy. If an item is unsatisfactory I will offer them a full refund. As it is, the item in question has been scrupulously tested: every Game, Controller, The Console and all peripherals have been checked and are definitely working - AS STATED ON MY LISTING!!!

I have another 2 similar Listing going up on Ebay shortly.. 2 More Gaming consoles. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN TO ME!.

Do you fully appreciate why I am so annoyed by your frankly disruptive action. It is mostly because it makes me look like a bad Ebayer. I am now going to have to explain and apologise and beg patience of the buyer, all because of your unfounded actions.

I would like my money made available to me today please, as I would like to post it today! I have already paid for the postage and the item has a tracking number: 8**************2

I have done everything quickly and correctly and I hope you can see that you are acting unjustly.

What an awful glitch in your otherwise excellent system. Tell me could it possibly be due to my adding another email to my paypal account recently? If so please advise me how to fix this. Please fix it in some way as it truly is unacceptable.

As I have other Items currently selling, I would like this whole thing resolved quickly before it happens again.

Yours sincerely,

Nicholas Horsfield

I am waiting for some kind of reply, or better still action at the moment. I don't see why I should have to lie to the buyer or stall them just so Paypal can release my money in 7 days instead of, what was it now 213503982317833 days !!!

It's almost criminal.

Login to Me Too

warmfun

Have been selling on eBay for a long time 13 years on and off. I was forced to close and open a new PayPal account when I moved back to the UK back in February. The account is well established and according to the PayPal  info no reason why payments should be held . Having exactly the same issues and being lied to by PayPal nothing knew there. PayPal have always been a law onto themselves and difficult to deal with. They are arrogant people and could not care less about sellers, the ones who pay their wages. Every payment of £80 plus is now going into pending, this after being told yesterday that no future payments would go into pending.  I suspect PayPal have a cash flow problem or just feel like making extra money on the interest or enjoy seeing buyers suffer at their whims. Unfortunately there is no alternative on eBay to PayPal and they know that. I am starting to sell on Amazon and would advise everyone to do the same for suitable items. I got so annoyed that I e-mail Richard Branson asking if he could start an alternative. Maybe if enough people write to him he would at least consider it. I am going to record all further telephone calls with PayPal and again I would advise everyone to do the same. Also going to write to the papers. Fell like closing my eBay account and telling PayPal what they can do, but that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. I did call them again today and have a good rant and the person (Bob) promised he would e-mail the back office as this was not acceptable this is the garbage I got back

“Dear Poor unfortunate PayPal sufferer, (Ok I changed the name)

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Tracie and I am happy to assist you with your recent  query regarding one off holds on your PayPal account.

We’ve been dealing with online payments for years and we’ve realised that holding certain payments helps to prevents losses. It also makes buyers feel safer and more likely to return and purchase again, these holds may affect any UK customer.

We placed the money from your payment to one side, in your pending balance. This may be because there's a higher than average risk associated with this payment. As long as there are no problems with the transactions, you’ll have the money within 21 days or less.

Here’s what you can do to speed things up:

• Mark the item as sent. Your money will be available within 7 days of the postage date (14 days if you’re sending to an international location)
  • If your item doesn’t need to be posted (e-book, piano lesson, etc.), mark the order as processed and provide details. Your money will be available within 7 days after you mark the order as processed

To mark an item/order as sent/processed:

1. Locate the payment in your Activity and click Add tracking info (even if you don't have tracking information).
  2. On the next page, provide the appropriate details and click Save.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Yours sincerely, 
Tracie 
PayPal 

Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349”

Most of this is just stuff we already know or just nonsense in the middle is a very important bit of truth

“holds may affect any UK customer” not sure what PayPal mean by this but I would take it that we can hold any payment we want on anyone for whatever reason we feel like and you have no choice but to take it.

Login to Me Too

Justchris1
Contributor
Contributor
Same boat here!! Been buying and selling regularly on eBay using PayPal for more years than u care to admit!! Recently fallen foul of the pending payment scam! Sold 3 items, 2 of which went to uk buyers the 3rd went to an Italian via eBay GSP, which I'm sure I unchecked. The payment from Italy is being held in a pending balance, until the buyer receives the item and is happy! I posted overnight to the GSP shopping centre who held the item for 14 days. Needles to say my Italian buyer is none too happy, and to top it all when you try to track the item via the link eBay have provided it goes to a German shipping site with invalid tracking number!! Starting to think I can kiss goodbye to my item and my money!! How can they do this?? I've fulfilled my part of the shipping in a timely manner, and now it's eBay/PayPal holding things up!!
Login to Me Too

P-Brookes
Contributor
Contributor

Been using paypal for years, same email address nothing has changed in years. over 450 purchases and over 60+ sales and 100% feedback.

SO WHY HAVE YOU STARTING HOLDING BACK PAYMENTS TO MY ACCOUNT.

I have a payment PENDING for over £100, for a mobile phone I've sold, ITS BEEN SENT, ITS BEEN RECEIVED, I'VE EVEN HAD A EMAIL BACK FROM THE PURCHASER SAYING THERE HAPPY WITH IT.

They have not left feedback yet, so i'm still down £100+.

Is this paypal's new way of ripping us off. 

Login to Me Too

Courhutc
Contributor
Contributor
I know this is an old forum but I am looking for some advice. I have sold a few things on eBay not sure of an exact number.. My payment was always pending for at least a week before I could withdraw any money. The last item I sold the money was available for withdrawal straight away.. I had listed an item on eBay a few days ago and it just went for £35.00, the buyer has paid but is now pending in my PayPal account, I'm not sure why this is if it was available for withdrawal straight away last time. I think it's silly.. I understand the terms and conditions of the agreement and whatever but I'm sure a lot of people are selling on eBay as they need the cash, so for it to be pending for up to 21days and for them to be told they need to pay the postage themselves as its not available to withdraw is just ridiculous. Is there anything I can do to receive my money sooner?? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.