Pending payment, is it ok to ship

Memptage27
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

so i've just sold an item for quite a lot of money, £920 and the buyer has sent payment which is pending in my account, is it ok to send the item as I'm a little jubious about doing so with it being such a large amount? 

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Memptage27

Personally i would NEVER accept a paypal payment for that amount of money, too risky.

But if its actually showing in your paypal account balance but in the pending section then its probably the new seller hold. I can't give you more info as you have not said if it was Ebay or a private transaction.

It should however give you a clearing date AND paypal should have stated if it was safe to ship.

BUT I would also go and read up on seller protection first so you can risk assess your transaction.

And I would NEVER send it internationally as for some countries international signed for is not signed for.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Memptage27
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, yeah it was through eBay, I'm not really a new seller as I have sold quite a bit probably about 50 items but all smaller value. It says on the PayPal transaction and email I've had since about the money being on hold due to the item potentially causing dissatisfaction so I'm guessing because of the price. It does say ok to send on PayPal but just concerned about the buyer reversing a payment or something.

thank you 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Memptage27

Yes that would be the reason  >>

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?       Check mark symbol

I would still be wary as even if a buyer could not open a paypal dispute they can chargeback via their card and in that scenario they nearly always win.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.