Pending Refund - Negative Balance

paulaw
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, please can someone help.

Ive just logged into my PayPal account and it shows a negative balance.

I sold a phone on eBay, which was listed as "for parts not working" and was clearly shown in the description.

Well now the buyer has requested a refund. I have spoken to eBay who advised I was not liable to give the refund as it was clearly stated in the listing.

So why is my balance showing as a negative? One the case is closed will my balance go back to normal?

And will any money come out of my bank, or is it just pending till the refund case is closed.

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paulaw

Then you need to wait until the ebay dispute has been decided.

This has nothing to do with paypal, if ebay find in your favour then they will authorise paypal to release the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paulaw

Was the dispute opened on ebay or paypal?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

paulaw
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

ng

@paulaw

Was the dispute opened on ebay or paypal?

It was opened on eBay. But when I logged into my PayPal account it shows the amount as a negative balance but pending

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paulaw

Then you need to wait until the ebay dispute has been decided.

This has nothing to do with paypal, if ebay find in your favour then they will authorise paypal to release the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

paulaw
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

TomaszZ
Contributor
Contributor

I paid it, help me, what's going on and why I have a negative balance?

Transaction Details The funds are not available while this transaction is being reviewed by eBay (Unique Transaction ID 62.........678FR341)

Original Transaction 4 Dec 2016 Payment From K.... ....r Refunded by eBay £72.99 GBP -£2.68 GBP £70.31 GBP Related Transactions

13 Dec 2016 The funds that were placed on temporary hold have been reversed Removed £70.31 GBP £0.00 GBP -£70.31 GBP

31 Dec 2016 The funds are not available while this transaction is being reviewed by eBay PlacedPayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information.PayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information. ... -£70.31 GBP £0.00 GBP -£70.31 GBP

31 Dec 2016 Refund by eBay To K.... ......r Completed £72.99 GBP £0.00 GBP £72.99 GBP Total amount: -£70.31 GBP Fee amount: £0.00 GBP

Name: K... .....r

Email: k....@gmail.com

Total amount : £72.99 GBP

Fee amount : £ 00.00 GBP

Net amount: £72.99GBP Date: 31 Dec 2016 Time: 14:03:29 GMT

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.