Pending Payments

mattthedon76
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I've been an ebay user now for around 8-9 years. Never had any negative feedback. Don't sell a lot, maybe around 10-15 items a year on average. Recently sold a number of items to raise some extra funds for christmas. All of the items have been payed for but the 2 highest value items (mobile phone and speaker at around £60 each) are both showing as pending.

I have sold phones before and other items for much higher values and the money has cleared straight after the buyer pays.

Why would paypal suddenty put a hold on my payments when i have never had any issues in the past?

I have read that the funds will be released after 21 days without dispute, 3 days after delivery is confirmed or upon positive feedback and both items were tracked so once i have confirmation they have been delivered hopefully i will receive the positive feedback and the money will be released.

I just can't understand why it would be held in the first place, i've probably been the perfect ebayer and paypal user. Never had any disputes, only ever positive feedback. It doens't make sense to me!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mattthedon76

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mattthedon76
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the reply.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

I sold 2 phones and a number of other items in September and all payments went through no problem. I also had some sales earlier in the year.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

My rating is 293 and hasn't ever gone down, all positive ratings and never had anything negative in my 8-9 years with ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

No buyer disputes, had 1 dispute that i raised earlier in the year when they buyer wouldn'y pay and wouldn't contact me and this was resolved quickly. But never had a buyer dispute raised against me.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

No changes to my email address or ebay i.d.

So i genuinely can see no reason why my received payments would suddenly be held, just doesn't make any sense to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.