Pending Payment

Dan4274
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a member on Ebay for 15 years, 624 100% feedback. I sold something today, and the payment has been placed as pending. I am absolutely disgusted with this. To think I may have to wait up to 14 days to receive the money is just not good enough. Once this is done, I am not using Ebay again. They are far too interested in the buyer, the seller can go f*** themselves as far as they are concerned. I know a few other people who have had big problems with selling in the past few months. Time to go elsewhere.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dan4274

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dan4274
Contributor
Contributor
I know the reasons why this happens. As I said, I have been a member for over 15 years. I have sold and bought many items, including cars of high value. I have NEVER had my payments received pending. They treat sellers very badly now. I know someone who sold a phone, clearly stating not working for spares only. Somebody bought it, then complained that it didn't work, opened a case with eBay. Guess who eBay sided with???!! I will not be selling one more item on eBay.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bowie82
Had the exact same thing yesterday selling for years. Nothing out the ordinary not even large amount compared to other transactions, won't release the funds until it has been sent with courier tracking info and this was to a buyer with zero feedback who has just joined. Delivered today confirmed as delivered this morning with courier. PayPal telling me 7-14 days until I will receive money. Criminal surely
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.