Pending Funds - Question

PArmstrong
Contributor
Contributor

So like most I've sold an item on eBay and since I'm a new seller, I've been lumped with, 'Pending funds'.

To an extent this is fine, I can understand how it'd combat scam sellers, immediately getting the money then not sending out the item. I understand this. An since the funds have cleared from the buyers side, I wasn't worried about sending the parcel out.

My issue is, looking around the forums, I've seen that Paypal moderators have said, that pending funds can be released 3days after confirmed delivery, if you ring up/email paypal. The item I sent arrived on Friday 27th and was confirmed via tracking/signature. I uploaded the tracking to ebay/paypal the day I ordered postage from Parcelforce.

The funds are due to be released on Friday 3rd of June, though obviously I would like them sooner. So I contacted Paypal directly to query what I had read posted by moderators in these forums. Saying that my item had been confirmed delivered/signed for by tracking etc... an that I had read although there is no automated system for having funds released, if I contacted them after 3 days had passed since delivery, could they manually release the funds(so If i contacted them tomorrow), an they essentially told me it was bull. 

So, am I being given the run around by Paypal staff, or are the moderators/paypal staff in the forums telling me the truth?

It seems like they lead you to believe there is nothing they can do, though I think to an extent they're telling me fibs.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PArmstrong

If it was an ebay sale then ebay are the ones applying the hold and ebay tell paypal when they can release the funds.

As ebay and paypal are now 2 completely different companies the option to overide and release funds early for an EBAY transaction i don't think apply any longer.

Were the threads you have seen from the moderators recent or older?

I think on ebay its still delivery + 3 days and paypal can't release the funds any sooner.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PArmstrong

If it was an ebay sale then ebay are the ones applying the hold and ebay tell paypal when they can release the funds.

As ebay and paypal are now 2 completely different companies the option to overide and release funds early for an EBAY transaction i don't think apply any longer.

Were the threads you have seen from the moderators recent or older?

I think on ebay its still delivery + 3 days and paypal can't release the funds any sooner.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PArmstrong
Contributor
Contributor

I think the latest was from 2013?

Well since I put 48hrs for having the item sent, then 48hr delivery. Plus I'm guessing bank holiday Monday and the weekend. Delivery+3 days, ends up being a long time. The item ended up being sent out the day after purchase and was confirmed delivered the next working day. 

It would make sense that since Paypal/ebay are now two seperate companies, they no longer have the ability to release funds manually earlier.

I will contact eBay and see what they say on the matter. 

Login to Me Too

PArmstrong
Contributor
Contributor

Just to update anyone who sees this thread and is in the same circumstances.

kernowlass was right, in that since now eBay and Paypal are no longer a joint company. Paypal no longer has the ability to manually release funds. i.e after the item has been confirmed delivered + 3 days have passed. When it comes to ebay sales.

Although, eBay now does. After contacting eBay, I explained to them what I wrote in this forum, an they confirmed that they(eBay) are able to release the funds. Abiding by that they can see your account is in good standing and that the item has been confirmed delivered and 3 days have passed, so the buyer has had time to make sure the item arrived safe and is what they wanted.

They call it a, 'courtesy to sellers'. It could to some degree be discretional if they're calling it a courtesy, so I wouldn't take it as a given, that just because your item has been confirmed delivered and 3 days have passed, that they will 100% release your payment.

The payment can take upto 24hrs to be released on paypal.

To quote from the transcript (due to text limit in the chatbox, i've lumped some messages together) -

02:54:13 UTC phi-armst
Well essentially. It used to be, when Paypal/eBay was a joint company. If a payment had been held pending, if the item sold had been confirmed delivered + 3 days had passed. Paypal could manually have the payment released. Though now paypal/ebay are two seperate companies, ebay now issues the holds. So from what I read, eBay can now issue the pending payment to be released, once the item had been confirmed delivered + 3 days had passed
02:54:58 UTC phi-armst
The item in question had been confirmed delivered last week via tracking/signature.
02:56:02 UTC Jonaglen
You are correct. No worries, I can see that this item ''MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G Graphics Card (262453460654) '' has been delivered. Rest assured that I will manually release your money now. This will show on your account within 24 hours, once the system has been updated.
02:56:20 UTC phi-armst
Ok thank-you very much 🙂
02:56:50 UTC Jonaglen
You are very much welcome. Rest assured that, Once you've met all the requirements, I can assure you that you will receive all your buyers payment directly on your PayPal account.

Deleted some of the conversation here due to irrelevance.

02:59:26 UTC Jonaglen
No worries, for this circumstances, rest assured that we are giving our sellers a courtesy to manually release your money once we confirm that the item has been received or delivered.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PArmstrong

Well that was interesting, thanks for the feedback and good to know if they ask ebay that they will do it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

marius8905
Contributor
Contributor

screenshots where ebay contradicts themselfs 

http://prntscr.com/bhh6te

http://prntscr.com/bhg0ke 

ITS BEEN 12 DAYS SINCE THE DEAL WAS CLOSED  AND 5 DAYS SINCE I RECEIVED FEEDBACK FROM BUYER , + THOSE FROM SUPPORT KEEP ON SAYING I NEED TO SHUT UP FOR 21 DAYS .

srry for posting this here, there are more views. ( beeing aware of what to expect before you do something means you dont feel manipulated after )

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.