Paypal refunded buyer without any checks or further information from me.

YusufS
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item in November. The buyer has recently contacted me through email saying it has stopped working. The item (laptop) was sold with warranty. The buyer wanted me to resolve the issue which I was happy to do. So I asked the buyer to send the item back and I will follow up the repair with the supplier. When I said this to the buyer he has immediately opened up a paypal case, to which i disputed as I dont feel it was justified them doing that when I clearly communicated the repair as per my ebay listing. 

Now paypal have said they will refund the buyer, upon delivery of the laptop back to me.

I feel this isnt fair at all, paypal didnt ask me to provide any information, neither did I see any information from the buyer through paypal. At this rate anyone can buy anything of ebay and 2 months later say "not as described" as the buyer did and then get a refund. What about seller protection?

This is the second time this has happened and paypal have sided with the buyer on both occasions. I am an honest seller and feel no protection is given to buyers.

Please help. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YusufS

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is often one persons word against anothers.

At no time does paypal have the item to inspect themselves.

So they tend to favour the buyer BUT the buyer has to send the item back to you trackable to prove delivery before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.