Paypal payment status: other?

Connect476
Contributor
Contributor
Someone bought an item recently from me and they are saying they need their item asap but I'm not sure to ship it yet because the status is not saying the payment is completed, it says other. The payment is in my paypal balance not in available balance and I haven't recieved the money in my bank account. What does "other" mean? Is it safe to ship?
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Are you a new seller on ebay and is this payment showing in your paypal account and if so does it say anything about a 21 day hold??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Connect476
Contributor
Contributor
Yes Joined about a month ago. The payment Showing, but nothing about a 21 day
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry still confused, what do you mean it is in your paypal balance but not personal balance?

You do know that if you want it to go to your bank account you have to do that yourself don't you? It is not automatic. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lstead
New Community Member
Ive just sold an item on ebay, the payment has been made and is showing on my balance but not my available balance and says 'other' what does this mean?
Login to Me Too

MichaelNYC
I am a new eBay user also.I have been on eBay for about 1-2 months. I've come to learn that eBay requires that Paypal holds your funds that you make from sales on eBay if you are a new seller, because it is in ebays policy to hold funds until they can prove you are a legit seller. I've heard from an eBay representative that they hold you funds for up to 21 days until u have made 25 (or was it 20?) successful transactions.Remember this is an eBay rule and Paypal only holds the funds because that's the rule eBay has told them to implement in order to protect its users from fraudulent sellers.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes but the above posters posts seem to have nothing to do with the new seller paypal hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MichaelNYC
kernowlass: "Yes but the above posters posts seem to have nothing to do with the new seller paypal hold." Sorry if I was unclear but what I was trying to get across was that the holding of the money from sales is common when you are a new seller. I only have 12 total feedback and I am also still having money held from sales. The money from a sale becomes available quicker when: they leave positive feedback,PayPal sees you shipped the item out. Those are the only 2 circumstances that I can remember where they will allow funds to be available to you earlier then the standard 21 day hold. Hope I helped,take care and good luck with everything.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes but the payment hold does not apply to this thread....that was ruled out earlier.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

spitfiremac
What about me then? I've got 33 sales in the past year adding up to 100 percent feedback rating and suddenly the payments for every item I'm selling are ending up in Other status. Do I ship in faith as the money's there and I'm suddenly untrusted by PayPal or is it just unfortunately a string of 2-3 buyers using a very slow method of payment (as in echecks)?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.