Paypal is driving me mad!!!!

nellis1984
Contributor
Contributor

I really need help!

I have a UK based paypal account but i live in Australia. I recently sold some things on ebay and have had the money sent via paypal but despite accepting the payments (and marking the packages as sent) i'm getting emails saying i still need to claim the money and that it will be returned if I don't. 

I can't find an email address to contact paypal, every time i try and log in it tells me there are security issues and i have to reset my password every single time. I'm 11 hours ahead so trying to phone is really annoying and I can't find any other way of contacting them! 

It's driving me mad! I just need to resolve this and claim the money!!! Any ideas?! 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nellis1984

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nellis1984
Contributor
Contributor

It shouldn't make a difference to someone sending me money though - i should still be able to accept that money regardless - it would just be if i want to transfer it out that it becomes a problem?

Can anyone provide me with an email contact address for paypal?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nellis1984

It would make a difference, your buyer is sending a payment to a UK paypal account and the person accepting that payment is not in the UK so it could be seen as a security issue and paypal think that your UK account has been hacked and used by scammers internationally.

But if you think i am wrong then thats fine, go ahead and claim your payment.

Someone else may be along later to give you an email contact addy as you don't trust my advice.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nellis1984
Contributor
Contributor

It's not about whether you are right or wrong - it's that your advice doesn't actually help me solve the problem.

You've provided no advice as to how i actually go about fixing the problem - you've just told me what the issue is. I currently have $200 floating in the ether that I can't claim and is listed as pending on my account and the buyer already has the item so I actually need some help and advice about how to solve the problem for which I'm presuming I would need to speak directly to Paypal but I can't find any way to do this without calling them and the time difference makes this very difficult. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.