Paypal is So Bad

Dingle314
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all I'm not really looking for help just need to vent on how bad Paypal is towards the sellers.

So 2 months ago I sold a Iphone on ebay which stated it had problems. A few days after the sale the customer opened a ebay return case about the phone saying it was faulty. I explained that I stated it had a slight fault in the description but I would accept the return anyway. Then a few days later they closed the case me Thinking nothing of it. 2 months later they open a paypal case saying its not as described. This time I fought the case saying its odd how they close a case and open a new one 2 months later so I got paypal to step in big mistake! Paypal jumped straight to the buyers side agreeing with them even though I had proof of everything. So I get the phone back and find out its be Icloud locked by the buyer I told paypal before they sent the refund but still sent it anyway. I have tried contacting buyer loads of times but no luck as now they have there refund. I have contacted paypal they said I can appeal the case but when I try it only gives you two options I have a tracking number or you have already sent a refund. So at the end buyer has a refund after using the phone for 2 months sent me back as Icloud locked so I can't even resale the phone and a negative balance on my paypal account. I also have proof the phone was not Icloud locked on the time of sale.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dingle314

Ebay and paypal have 2 separate dispute policies. With Ebay they can view their auctions and they make a decision on what is on there.

With paypals dispute system its always one persons word against anothers (even if they do view the auction which they don't what they see does not have to be what you sent or ''as described'').

So what they tend to do is favour the buyer BUT the buyer has to send the item back to you at their own expense trackable to prove delivery before you have to refund them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dingle314
Contributor
Contributor

What's the point of having the seller able to ask paypal for help if they favour the Buyer over the seller? Even if the seller has taken every step to prove the buyer wrong. Filing a complaint don't work they just send you the same scripted thing every time. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dingle314

Because as i said its always one persons word against another AND paypal do insist normally that the buyer returns the item back to you at their own expense first before you have to refund.

Its a pain agreed but if you are selling there are always going to be some PITA buyers and transactions that you lose out on.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dingle314
Contributor
Contributor

The whole there word against mine is not a very smart way to do things in this day and age. We live in a world where evidence matters (That I have) but paypal wont even let me show them.  When I try to speak to someone the just throw pre-writen scripts at me. For a large company dealing with money there customer service is beyond a joke. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dingle314

As paypal never has the item that the dispute is about then the only evidence they can accept is verbal from both parties.

If you are a seller then you have to accept the risks that go with selling, you are always going to get the odd PITA buyer.

Paypal gives you some buyer and some seller protection, the rest is up to you to risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.