Paypal commission fee

samgrote94
New Community Member

Hello,

Firstly, does Paypal take the commission fee from the full product sale on ebay including postage and packaging, without the fee's ebay take off your sale OR does Paypal take their commisiion fee from the product sale in which ebay have already taken their fee from?

Secondly, I will be selling a product on ebay for £2.50 (£.1.25 for the actual product and £1.25 for the postage) If thisproduct is sold, I will lose £0.35 due to ebay's commissions fee, leaving me with £2.15. With this in mind, how much will Paypal take? The formula is 3.4% + £0.20 but is that taken from the £2.50, £2.15 or £1.25 of the product sale? And how much exactly is the fee I will be giving to Paypal?? (I cant seem to work it out using the 3.4% + £0.20)

Any help is welcome 🙂

THANKS!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The ebay final value fee is not taken out at source it is logged into your account for you to pay when due.

So you pay paypal on the payment they are processing for you from the buyer = £2.50 so if its 3.4% + 20p which if my maths is correct is 45p.

So you actually get in your paypal balance 2.05p and then pay your final value fee later when its due. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The ebay final value fee is not taken out at source it is logged into your account for you to pay when due.

So you pay paypal on the payment they are processing for you from the buyer = £2.50 so if its 3.4% + 20p which if my maths is correct is 45p.

So you actually get in your paypal balance 2.05p and then pay your final value fee later when its due. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

samgrote94
New Community Member

I see, so I will receive £2.05 in my paypal account. I will then get an invoice by ebay taking their £0.35 another time.

THANKYOU

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.