Paypal and Ebay are thieves

temp201811162a
New Community Member

Sellers are getting **bleep** everyday by ebay and paypal which are 1 in the same. twice in the past month a seller has only had to say with no EVIDENCE or PHOTOS that item is not as described, and Ebay  has REFUNDED THE BUYERS MONEY AND LET THE BUYER KEEP THE ITEM!!!!! Don't bother with appeals it won't help. I am not only out what i paid for the item  but also YOUCH big shipping fees i'm talking $80 here lost just in shipping the items. I feel i was robbed at gunpoint and there is nothing i can do except stop selling with Ebay. There needs to be a multi billion dollar group lawsuit against Ebay and Paypal and let the stock get crushed and put these **bleep** out of business. As for me i quit!

Is there a lawyer out there?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

RipoffArtists
New Community Member

Okay, I know this post is 3 years old, but it certainly needs more attention. I haven't had a real issue with Paypal yet, but eBay on the other hand. WOW! I never knew they could be such thieves!!! And I'm not necessarily talking about the buyers either. Although, I have had a similar problem such as yours. I sold a $25 brand new xbox game to a buyer back in early April. He paid, I sent. The SAME DAY that he received the item, he opened a case, claiming that the item was not as described and wanted a refund. So, as all sellers know, they dip into your Paypal account and put the money on hold, right? I had no problem with that, until the buyer emailed me and ebay photos of the so-called game i sent him. The photos were of a beat up, scratched up, piece of crap game. Again, the one i sent him was BRAND NEW. Now...stay with me here...ebay tells me that i had already approved the return!! I did NO SUCH THING!!! And i told them that, you know what their excuse was?? "Ohh well it could've been a technical error". Like, really man?!?? Then they say, "when the item arrives, if its not what you sent then call us and we will handle it" which i did. And when i called they said it could take up to a month, etc etc. You know, the stupid ebay quotes they are trained to say when they dont know the answer?? Guess what happens next?? I wake up one morning and i have an email that says ebay took ANOTHER $25 out of my paypal account!! So i call, and again, get a non-english speaking ignorant **bleep** who has no idea what to do. After 3 hours (literally) i finally get someone on the phone who says "call paypal and get BOTH transaction id numbers" which i did. And SURPRISE paypal knew what was up right away. No waiting, no stupid ebay games, they just gave me the #s. I call ebay back and you wont believe what they tell me.... "Ebay took the EXTRA $25 from your account to encourage you to close this dispute and to be a better seller". I couldnt believe what i was hearing!! I told him flat out that that is ILLEGAL and they cannot do that. Its STEALING! But he just kept going in circles saying the same thing over and over again. I guess thats what they do to get people so annoyed they hang up. Either that or their IQ is literally that of a ham sandwich. So that was that. Even though i had proof that they took the money out twice, they have absolutely no intentions of giving it back to me. And i know its not a lot. Its $25. But to me thats a lot but it wasnt really about that. It was more about the fact that they stole my money and NONE of them cared at all. Another time before that, i wont get into it. But i paid $60 on my ebay fees because they were due. Then on the 30th, when they usually take the remainder out of my paypal account, they took ALL OF IT, my $60 that i paid included. And when i called them, they claim they have no record of me paying that $60. And when i say, look! Heres the proof! Right on my ebay account, you know what they say? Oh, thats probably for another transaction you are mistaking it for. See, the problem is that i have NEVER had a single problem with Amazon. Not one. All of their customer service reps speak english and actually care about the sellers! Who knew?? And every seller who goes from ebay to amazon reports over a 50% increase in sales. And i can confirm that, its true. Usually more like a 70% increase. No wonder amazon is kicking ebays **bleep** out the door. So, trust me...everyone. DO NOT sell on ebay. You will get ripped off. I can only imagine how many people they rip off on a daily basis that dont even realize it. They need to go down. And I will try try try until my dying day.

Login to Me Too

Philisiwe
New Community Member
Yes I agree PayPal are thieves they limited my account for 180days and it has past along time ago but they still won't let me have my money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.