Paypal Payment held and INTL Buyer requesting delivery to different address

aaronsm1
New Community Member

Hi,

A buyer purchased my item on ebay. The first thing i have noticed is that my funds are pending and being held. I have done some research and i can see it us held untill the buyer has received the item. 

My problem is that the buyer lives abroad and on the paypal postage slip it wants me to send the item here:

GSP Shipping Centre, 1 Langham Park
South Normanton
Derbyshire
DE55 2GF

United Kingdom

the buyer is requesting i send the item to their home address in luxembourg.

My question is that if i send the item there, paypal wont know if the item has been delivered online so they wont release my funds,

WHAT DO I DO!!! thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Conor

Hi aaronsm1,

Welcome to our Community 🙂

It these situations, it's usually better to post the parcel to the address given to you by PayPal.

The reason I say that is if you post the item to the wrong address and something goes wrong later down the later, you wouldn't be covered under PayPal Seller protection.

Rather than not getting your payment whatsoever though if you send the item to the wrong location, it would just be held for the full 21 days as a result of the process described here:  http://ow.ly/ZlMhG

I hope that makes sense and have a great weekend!

Conor 

Login to Me Too

smilo996
New Community Member

All you can do is arrange the post privately and get the seller opt out of the GSP service "offered" by Ebay. 

Do not let him send it to Langham. 

This "service" is an utter joke. 

It seems to have been set up for users, mostly likely in the US to sell new items and not run into customs problems when shipping abroad. 

I have used ebay for about ten years and never had this issue. 

The seller was completely unaware she had even asked to or approved use of this "service". 

The item was agreed upon on the 9th. It will take until the 23rd to arrive in Denmark. 

The original delivery address I submitted by paypal and ebay is hijacked without any explanation and the langham address inserted. Neither of use was aware this happens and thus she could not understand why I was not there to receive it and I could not understand why she sent it in the UK. 

A tranasction from pitney bowes appeared on my paypal account which I asked them to investigate as unauthorised. They asked the seller who had no idea. it is for an international postage item on the bill. The amount I paid to the seller via the invoice in ebay did not include this amount. So it is in effect unauthorised.

The seller gave me the tracking number. I was waiting at work today to receive it. Yet it was received and signed for at an address I have never heard of by someone I do not know. I thought it was fraud. 

The information button in ebay on the delivery dates does not work until the item leaves langham, the international tracking number is useless as well. 

Once at langham you cannot do anything other than wait until they send it on. According to customer services this "service" is for international items to avoid issues with customs. until I pointed out that the item was 2nd hand thus customs and tax paid VAT paid and sold within the EU. 

Very long and angry discussion with customer services. 

So it cost 26 to send instead of 15-20, will take three weeks and not 48 hours and offers no benefit to the seller or buyer. 

This must be an American system then used mostly to make more money. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.