Paypal Money Withheld Due To Ebay

ItzMagickz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, recently i sold a phone on ebay and someone brought it but my funds was held by paypal. Im not sure why. So i sold the phone on the 5th of september and i sent of the phone same day with 1st class tracked delivery and the buyer has recieved the phone. I am not sure why i havent got my money as it has been a full 3 days. Now the date is the 10th and i still havent got my money. I desperately need it to pay off my ebay fees but it doesnt let me as my money is on hold. The availability date is the 11th which is tomorrow but im sure it wont get released tomorrow. Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ItzMagickz

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
This is the new seller hold that every single seller on Ebay has to go through.
Normally for the Ebay hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage.

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.