Paypal Fees for Postage

andr1s
Contributor
Contributor

Dear All

I have question regarding Paypal fees on postage. 

Example NR:1 ( FREE POSTAGE)

Total Amount paid to my Paypal is £3.49, so as per Paypal fee policy I get charged 3.4% + £0.20 for transaction

which makes it

(3.49*0.034)+0.2 = £0.32 Fees charged 

Example NR:2 (POSTAGE COST £1.50)

Again The same item wich cost £3.49 but now it has additional amount of  £1.50 paid for postage. Total amount paid into my Paypal account comes to £4.99 , if I use the standard formulula as on example NR1 it would charge me:

(4.99*0.034)+0.2 = £0.37 in Fees charged

QUESTION: When I look at my transaction with the postage paid like in example NR2 I see that Paypal has charged me £0.39 instead of £0.37 as per formula in example NR2, so I guess they use different formula for transactions with postage.

I couldn't find the answer in Paypal help page so I am asking here, what kind of formula they use for transaction with additional postage paid.

Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andr1s

That would be it then, cross border fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andr1s

Was it an international transaction?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

andr1s
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I think this would count as internation as the buyer is not from UK, I have the free P&P for UK customers and £1.50 for customers abroad. They'r delivery address is outside UK and so must be theyr accounts holder is not from UK

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andr1s

That would be it then, cross border fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.