Payment was initiated and being processed through paypal

hannahmoo93
New Community Member

Hi

I have a payment on ebay showing as an egg-timers saying that it has been initiated but being processed, its been like this since yesterday, is this normal?

I have checked the email address etc, any help will be greatfully received.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Check it again on the actual auction >

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hannahmoo93
New Community Member

No it is different on this??

Do you know what I can do next?

Login to Me Too

hannahmoo93
New Community Member

I also have another item that has not been paid for yet with the wrong email address do you know if I can change this before the buyer pays?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No you can't change it on ended auctions but you can tell the buyer the problem and ask them not to pay and send them an invoice to their paypal email addy via paypal to pay instead.

For the one that has paid you need to do this.

Firstly can you add that email addy to your paypal account, as you can have up to 8 on the one account.

If not then you need to contact your buyers and ask them to see what it says in there paypal accounts either:

1. Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
1. Then ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source if they funded their original payment with a debit or credit card. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen.

2. If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying if it remains unclaimed. If it changes to completed they need to come here for advice. You will need to sort out between you if you want to still go ahead with the sale or cancel it.

3. If its completed then come back for more advice.

Then next time you list an item for sale change the email addy during the listing process and check everytime.

Also to help you sort things with your buyers you can pull their contact info if its an ebay transaction. Go to advanced search top of ebay pages > contact member left column > fill in the details and ebay will send you an email with their telephone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

FaultyGene
Contributor
Contributor

I've just won an auction on ebay and paid a lot of money for a smartphone through paypal. It came up as "being processed" on my ebay, but says the transaction has completed on paypal.

What do I do? Has the seller received my payment? Will they still ship my order?

Help!

xXx

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there FaultyGene, 

Go to the transaction on PayPal under 'History' and click on 'details' next to the payment.

Here you will see the payment status, if it shows as 'Completed' from your end then you have done everything correct. The seller needs to ship the item. If there is a payment hold/review from the sellers side this could be for many reasons e.g. Relatively new eBay seller. 

Just remember you have 45 days to open a Non Receipt dispute through PayPal if you are concerned about receiving the item.

Hope this helps!

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Annenon
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is an old thread, but I have just had the same problem.  It turns out that the e-mail address on my eBay account had defaulted to an older, obsolete one.

For anyone suffering the same problem - the first thing is not to do what I did and go into blind panic!

What you need to do is:

1.  Log in to your Pay Pal account  *this is an important step*

2.  Go to the bottom of the home page to "Help and Contact"

3.  At the bottom (it's also in the middle somewhere too) of the help and contact page look for "Call Us"

4. The "call us" page will show an 0800 number, as well as a unique passcode

(this passcode is why it is important to log in, as it helps Pay Pal CS find and identify you as geniune)

This passcode will expire after 60 minutes

5.  Give them a call and follow the simple electronic instructions.  When you get to the question asking what the problem is             say "e-mail problem" then, after the next prompt say "something else".

6.  Explain your problem, (the guy I spoke to was very nice).  They will ask you some security questions, so have your bank            card/bank numbers handy pertaining to your transaction - they don't ask for the whole set of numbers just a random                    selection.

7.  It will then take up to two hours for the payment to clear.

I hope that helps someone.  I went into blind panic, when I realised what had happened, but, as I have said the guy at Pay Pal CS was very nice and calmed me down.  So every bit of praise to him. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annenon

OR if you still own the old email address you can ''add it'' to your paypal account and the funds will come with it

OR

it should be marked as unclaimed on your buyers paypal account and there should be a cancel option. Then they can cancel and you can invoice them with the proper email addy.

Glad you got it sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Oddified
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem for me today, and to be fair to Paypal help people, fixed in a couple of minutes.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.