Payment received on Hold

DamonStanton
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I've sold an item on ebay that the person has paid for, the money has appeared in my paypal accoutn but is on hold.

He is collecting the item which is what i agreed to but i dont see how the payment will clear in my acocunt?

Paypal says to speed up the process as soon i can upload a tracking number or purchase postage label but obviously neither of those apply as its being collected.

Im un easy about the item being collected and then the buyer reversing the payemnt, what do i need to do? or am i just being silly...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

_newt_
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @DamonStanton

are you a new seller? new sellers are subject to additional checks and money can be in holding for up to 21days
https://www.paypal.com/uk/selfhelp/article/Why-is-my-payment-from-a-sale-on-eBay-on-hold-FAQ1377 

Login to Me Too

DamonStanton
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! I am indeed - i guess this is the reason then. Is there anyway i can speed this up or verify myself. 

Your link is broken so aplogies for another question.

Login to Me Too

_newt_
Contributor
Contributor

try this, it is the american link but the information is the same

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/Why-is-my-payment-from-a-sale-on-eBay-on-hold-FAQ1377

it mentions many ways you could speed it up, including how the buyer can mark their item as recieved which could release funds in as little as three days.
Hope you find this helpful to you 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DamonStanton

Hope I am in time posting this >>

DO NOT accept paypal for an item that is to be collected as you will have NO paypal seller protection.

You can refund the buyer (if the funds are on hold you can ask paypal to release them back to the buyer) and ask for CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY.

Ebay allow you to list with cash on collection only and refuse paypal for items that are to be collected but if you have not stated cash on collection then your buyer has the right to refuse to do that, up to you if you want to go ahead in that situation and risk a dispute for item not received that you would lose.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.