Payment on hold

dkfinsbury
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have received a payment in my account, but it says "on hold'. Can anyone tell me what this means and how I get it cleared please? This is the first payment I've ever received.
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dot27

Yes sweetie you are going around in circles.

Yes there are lots of threads about it but most are years old with the odd post being added every now and then.

There are equally thousands of sellers that go through the hold, accepting it and just getting on with the process.

Then there are the ones that think life owes them a living and every agreement that they sign up to should be changed just for their benefit when they have agreed to it in the first place.

No one has cash lying about but you should know before you start buying stock / posting stock that you will need cash so you either get some upfront or don't bother listing your items / future items. You have to have some sort of business model before you start to sell.

Instead you sell and then complain that you have a payment hold that you have already agreed to when you opened your accounts !

You said that i stated....... that it is never 21 days when PP holds funds,

Wrong, I said its never 21 days if you send TRACKABLE and provide that number to Paypal.

As for longer that is to do with an account being LIMITED and the funds frozen for 180 days which is a completely different thing.

You said.........but just to clarify : not "+3 days" but "+3 WORKING days", so if this is thursday , you wont get money in any way until Monday - Tuesday. 

Wrong, its 3 days.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/paymentprocess-newsellers.html

Adding a valid tracking number to the sales record in your Sold section will shorten the length of time your payment will be held to the delivery confirmation date + 3 days.

I don't help on Ebays forum so am not up to date on their hold but i equally saw this which you are wrong about as well.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/paymentprocess-newsellers.html

How can I pay for postage and packaging?

If you purchase postage labels through eBay or PayPal, the cost of the purchase will be released from your pending balance shortly after purchase. Printing labels on eBay and PayPal is free. You’re charged only for the cost of postage.

As far as I am aware Paypal don't want to 'shut anyone up' as you so succinctly call it. Otherwise they would not have this 'community forum' where everyone is free to express their views within the rules of the forum. So having said that I think saying this is abusive?

You said.........I know that from previous posts of youes you were saying that you dont work for paypal which is an absolute lie.  You are lying, and your company lies. 

As I have NOTHING to do with Paypal (and wouldn't want to) then you are the one throwing unproven allegations and lies, whereas calling someone 'silly' is not.  

Bye
Smiley LOL  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dot27
Contributor
Contributor

Oh my gosh 😮 Actually to be honest i do not believe your language 😮 YOU as a apparently "someone who is so helpful and so well informed about paypal rules" act like person with no manners. 

Stop talking  s*it about people because you have no rights to do that. So every person that is not happy with HOLDING their money by PayPal is  by you " the one that think life owes them a living and every agreement that they sign up to"? Where did you take your ridiculous opinions from?  For your own info , we are in Democratic country and everyone are welcome to say what they think , and no one has rights to call them words. 

So what? Now eBay / PayPal will push me to use their labelling service (they make money on it) because otherwise i wont be able to pay for NORMAL stamps? Because if i wont use them , my money still going to be held, and cannot go somewhere else ?! 

Yeah..... they do have this forum, but they send people like you to make sure no one says anything. In fact every single time im on this forum, surveys pop up and guess what? If you select (from 0 -10, when 0 is poor and 10 very good ) the lowest score it takes you to "sorry your survey cannot be processed". This is how seriously PP takes their customers feedback. This forum is a prove how PP takes their customers. 

No????? You dont want to have anyting to do with PayPal? Shame, as you'd get the job "Volunteer Advisor" straight away without CV. 

There are thousand sellers that will put up with PP rules, but also million of them that wont, thats why internet is full of "helding money" by pp subjects. 

Mate, just get on with it , stay in your little PayPal world, go on holidays with thought in head that by doing what you doing on here you might have ruined many peoples life. Trust me, some of them are totally **bleep** by PP. On the other side i hope, VERY MUCH HOPE you will one day be in situation that us many are in right now.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dot27

I can't see why you accuse me of bad manners? Unlike you I have not been rude enough to accuse someone of working for paypal and calling them liars when they were telling the truth OR accused them of being sent to the forum just to defend paypal.  I also have not used bad language as you have done.

Yes its a democratic country and as such then I have the same right to my opinion as you have. That opinion is that if you agree to something when you open an account then how do you manage to change your mind the minute you dislike what you agreed to???

And now you have been proved wrong about the funds being released for postage you then change your mind again !! and decide that you actually don't want to use that method and have your funds released for postage............LOL

As for your comment about me being 'sent' to make sure no one says everything then thats hilarious, guess you haven't seen the posts where I slate customer services or disagree with them? No its much easier to accuse me of defending them 100% just because I do so in response to ONE part of Paypals user agreement that I don't have a problem with  Smiley Wink

Volunteers don't get offered jobs, look up what volunteer means.

Millions disagree with the hold.... you are delving into the realms of cloud cuckoo land, paypal accounts are increasing not decreasing on a daily basis and I doubt if you could make a million if you tried. Just post on the Ebay forums and see how many agree with you....been there done it...know the answer.

As for my help on here 'ruining folks lives' are you for real? Over 10,000 minimum don't think that  Smiley Wink

Even today I have had lots of kudos / solutions from NICE, grateful folks that would not have got help  if I had not replied.

Try this one for eg just ONE from a few minutes ago.

www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/Refunds/m-p/1447438#M156660

Or this one from a few seconds ago...so that 2 already that don't agree with you in a few minutes.

www.paypal-community.com/t5/Getting-started/EBay-seller-ignoring-refund-request-on-faulty-item-under...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.