Payment initiated and is being processed through Paypal

lamhon186l
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I sold an item on eBay on the 27th May, until now the 7th June it is still saying "Payment initiated and is being processed through Paypal". Can anyone explain to me why this is? Also I don't see anything on my Paypal as well.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lamhon186l
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for the reply. I have recently changed my email address for my Paypal account and I only just reliazed I haven't verified the email address. I have just done so now and does that mean the payment will be put through soon?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Should do as long as that email address is THE ONE ON YOUR AUCTION.     Smiley Happy

Did you do the check as i said above to make sure its still not the old email address on your auctions?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

newbie510
Contributor
Contributor

hi i sold a item on ebay and it says the buyer paud the amount . but i have been wating as it says .

Payment initiated and is being processed through Paypal...

I looked on this forum .and it says cheke your ebay payment paypal are the same email adresses,

I changed my paypal email around 12 months agao .

BUT FORGOT to also do the same with my Ebay payment adress for paypal payment in my ebay account deatail.

and Have just realised and now changed it .

So my paypal and ebay are the same now,,

But what hapens now  ? as in my ebay it still says ::Payment initiated and is being processed through Paypal.

will it go through niow i have changed it soon . and if so in how long .

and if not

what do i have to do to get the payment for my item. as i have not posted it off as yet .. as i wanted to see the paymend in my paypal account first.. ???

please advice

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@newbie510

Did you do as i suggested a few posts upwards and check the email address on your actual auction?

If it is wrong and you change it DURING THE LISTING PROCESS in the payments section next time you list an auction then it will be fine for FUTURE auctions.

But you can't change it for finished auctions so your buyer has paid to an old email address so    >>>>>>

Firstly can you add that email addy to your paypal account, as you can have up to 8 on the one account.
If you can add and verify it then the payments should come through.

If not then you need to contact your buyers and ask them to see what it says in there paypal accounts either:

1. Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
Unclaimed with a cancel option.

Then ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source if they funded their original payment with a debit or credit card. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen.

Unclaimed.

If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying if it remains unclaimed. If it changes to completed they need to come here for advice. You will need to sort out between you if you want to still go ahead with the sale or cancel it.

Completed.

If its completed then come back for more advice.

Then next time you list an item for sale change the email addy during the listing process and check everytime.

Also to help you sort things with your buyers you can pull their contact info if its an ebay transaction. Go to advanced search top of ebay pages > contact member left column > fill in the details and ebay will send you an email with their telephone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

newbie510
Contributor
Contributor

I resolved it in the end by first phoning ebay. and i must say the scotish chap i spoke to was great. and exsplaind to me what to do. then also gave me the number of paypal and i then spoke to a Jeff there and again he took his time to help me resolve the problem. which was as you said old email was put in to my ebay .WHY WAS BECOUS OF GOOGEL CROME AS I HAD LEFT IN THE SETTING ..( THE ORTO FILLIN ON) AND FOR SOME RESON IT OROMATICALY FILLED IN MY OLD DEFUNCT EMAIL ADRESS OF MY OLD INTERNET PROVIDER. /

SO PEOLPE BY CARFULL IF YOU ARE USING GOOGEL CROME ON SIGHTS LIKE EBAY AND SUCH. .aS MAKE SHURE YOUR OLD EMAIL ADDRESSES ARE NOT ORTOMATICALY FILLED IN.

A simpel mistake on my part .But it took a bit of efert and time to sort it all . 

which it has been

all best

newbie510

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@newbie510

So glad i spent ages typing out all that advice when you were going to call Ebay and paypal anyway.

Oh and your welcome.  !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mickey1990lfc
New Community Member

kernowlass, 

Thanks very much for this, your post helped me out big time 🙂

Much appreciated

Mick

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mickey1990lfc

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.