Payment completed AND pending??

Imsorry0524
New Community Member

This isnt a balance pending or anything its a payment pending? Yet the payment has already been completed? 
Ordered 77.66 worth of stuff from victorias secret and i dont exactly have the money to pay for it twice, why is it doing this? Am i going to be charged again if it says i have a pending charge??

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Imsorry0524

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is always pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lenden
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry~ I still don't understand.  I have the same thing - I've already had the funds withdrawn from my account, and there's a completed payment, but there's also a pending payment.

So they've already got my money, why is there still a pending payment? Do you mean that I've paid, but they haven't recieved it yet? Why is it still pending on my end instead of on theirs?

Thanks~

Login to Me Too

LaizaVenice
Contributor
Contributor

If there's an Order and Authorisation placed on pending already. When you processed the order PayPal will authorisation for it and soon as your bank authorised it, Your bank will set aside your funds and put it on a reserve or like a pending state so that if the company captures the money, the money will be available. but technically it hasn't left your bank account yet

Login to Me Too

lenden
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your explanation. 🙂

Turns out it was pending because the business doesn't charge until the order is shipped, and one of the items I ordered was on back-order.

Just wanted to put that out there in case it was the same for someone else.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Lenden.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get this resolved on your account.

If there is anything else that we can do to help you in future, please let us know.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.