Payment clearing

Mel001
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I recently sold a watch. I would like to know why the payment is still being hold when tracking number was noted, I paid for postage and goods have been received and positive feedback has been left. Answers please.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mel001

Well i can advise you but don't think i want to if you ask in that demanding way.

A polite question gets a polite help and answer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mel001
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sorry but it's frustrating when the money is there and you don't have access to it. I have been selling goods on eBay for a good year. Have 100% positive feedback and have always had the money there. You seem to have no problem taking the fees out straight away. I have spoken on the phone to two people which have given me no answers. Yes I am frustrated and wouldn't u be if you are getting the run around.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mel001

You seem to have no problem taking the fees out straight away.

Me? Why would you be paying me fees, I have NOTHING to do with paypal.

This is a ''user to user'' help forum and not customer services and I am an ebay seller that helps out on here.

But as I give my time voluntarily I don't like folks demanding answers from volunteers.

Secondly paypal do take their fees promptly BUT they don't always get paid promptly, when a buyer pays > paypal CREDIT you the funds and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer through from the buyers funding source.

If that source is a bank account it can take 5-7 days. That is why we get buyers on here confused that their item is on the way but the funds have not left their bank account yet. As for being frustrated about the hold, I am an ebay seller so I have been through it myself. It does not last long and as its for buyer protection I did not mind.

However back to your query. Firstly paypal and ebay are 2 separate companies now and both have SEPARATE policies for holding funds for ebay or private transactions.

So this would be an EBAY hold and EBAY authorise paypal when they can release those funds. Positive feedback has no bearing on payment release.

All the information that you need is in the link below.

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ1377/1/?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.