Payment Pending!

Naturally009

I've been with both eBay and Paypal since 2004. I've mainly bought stuff but sold items too, totalling to 242 transactions, with a 100% feedback. Yes a 100% take note eBay and PayPal!! The last item I sold I had my fund retained, know as 'Pending Payment' ...... WTF? This is totally unacceptable behaviour for people with good account records. Oh and you lie, I've phoned twice now and have been told that the funds would be in my account after 24hrs which they were not.

From now on I'm going to look at other ways of selling good and sending and receiving funds other than using eBay and PayPal.

Great customer care I must say!!!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

joenirvana88
New Community Member

May I hijack this thread? Im also having an issue where i have paid someone by paypal credit. It was a local pickup and everything is ok with my items. How long does it sit pending for? Do i need to do anything else?  the seller is getting worried. thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joenirvana88

Sounds as if its the new seller hold.

If it was ebay then funds are normally released once the tracking number shows delivery of the item + 3 days.

If it was a private transaction with paypal then it may be up to 21 days.

HOWEVER as your item was collected and the seller can't provide a tracking number then odds are it will be 21 days.

The seller really should not accept paypal for collection items, should be cash on collection only.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Naturally009

Oh and a buyer on ebay can ONLY get positive feedback so a buyer would never have less than 100% feedback.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jaykulls
Contributor
Contributor

I've been waiting three days. If I didn't want the item then, I would have waited some more time and then bought it. Never have I had to wait for funds to clear. It's embarressing and stressful. It's like trying to pay your groceries and then realising you HAVE NO MONEY! Won't every take the risk of using paypal again for things I want, say, now, rather than next week. Idiots.

Login to Me Too

Jaykulls
Contributor
Contributor

There is also absoutely no way to cancel the order either. I asked the seller to cancel both my orders from ebay. Yet, in paypal there is NO WAY WHATSOEVER to cancel the order. So now I have to wait to see if the payements still go to the seller. Then I can organise them to refund the money. Who is in charge and what drugs are they on??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.