Payment; - Completed but Paypal balance pending?

Mr_West
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I'm new to ebay but recently I sold a few items. I checked Paypal to see that it says the payments are complete aside from one still pending due to being an eCheque.

However, when reading the Paypal balance of how much I have in my account it claims to still be pending? Is this something to do with the 21 days hold on new Ebayers? Is it safe to send those items off to the buyers and then my payment will be cleared completely due to feedback left from the buyers?

Thanks,

- Mr West.

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

Kristiechilds83
New Community Member
Let's call it what it really is... a big fat load of crap to earn interest off our money. Will never accept payment through PayPal ever again which also means I'll never sell on eBay... back to gumtree. Send off my iPhone and other items and can't access the money for them. Returned a purchase I paid for on PayPal and again takes days to get the money back. Don't know how the **bleep** you guys get away with this scam
Login to Me Too

ajp2506
Two words will help PayPal to speed up recrification of their little problem - Block Chain or Distributed Ledger.
Login to Me Too

Lozzer6226
Same just happened to me, sold galaxy phone to pay for my sons birthday, and told 21 days to receive money his birthdays this weekend, no way I’m sending goods till money in my account, shower of shite PayPal xx
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lozzer6226

If you don't go through the 'new seller hold' then its unlikely you will be allowed to use paypal for selling future items.

Also if the funds are pending in your paypal account balance then the buyer has paid and if you don't send then they will file an item not received dispute to get their money back and that will again impact on you using paypal to sell in the future.

If it was Ebay then funds are never held for 21 days as long as you send trackable, with Ebays hold funds are released when 'tracking' shows the item as delivered + 3 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

edited as double post.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JeanClutario
Hi, I'm from the Philippines and my online business is powered by Shopify. I just launched my site yesterday and received orders. One pre-order says payment was received but is pending on my account. I already marked it fulfilled on Shopify, but the funds are still not available. What do I do with this?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.