Payment; - Completed but Paypal balance pending?

Mr_West
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I'm new to ebay but recently I sold a few items. I checked Paypal to see that it says the payments are complete aside from one still pending due to being an eCheque.

However, when reading the Paypal balance of how much I have in my account it claims to still be pending? Is this something to do with the 21 days hold on new Ebayers? Is it safe to send those items off to the buyers and then my payment will be cleared completely due to feedback left from the buyers?

Thanks,

- Mr West.

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Mr_West,

When your balance in your PayPal account is pending, this means that funds are on hold. Funds received for items sold on eBay when you are a new seller can be held for up to 21 days. If you receive positive feedback from your buyer, or supply tracking information to show that the item has been delivered at the buyer’s address (for three days or more) the hold can be lifted before the 21 days.

Hope this helps,
Maria

Login to Me Too

Catherinegillen
Contributor
Contributor

I also have a pending account and it states that it is not going to be released until after christmas, I have provided tracking on 2 of the items and the other I have had positive feedback but my account is still pending, It states that because of this then you may be able to get the money sooner but I dont know how to go about geting the account chaged. 

thank-you 

Catherine Gillen

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Catherinegillen,

Normally your payments will be released automatically three days after tracking information shows delivered at the buyer’s location or when the buyer leaves positive feedback. If you notice that it is still on hold, you can Customer Services to request a manual review.

Hope this helps,

Maria

Login to Me Too

Rwollacott
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have the same problem, I have recently sold and still selling some items on ebay, I got the payment and have posted first class and the 1 item should of definately got there by now. I have not recieved any feedback yet on ebay and do not know if I will, and it is saying pending balance. I really need the money and to withdraw it into my bank account as going on holiday very soon, so could do with a bit extra money. What should I do?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Rwollacott,

If you don’t have a tracking number for your item, the buyer would need to leave positive feedback in order to release the payment early. Have you tried to contact the buyer to see if they have the item yet? If they have received it and are happy with the item, you could ask them to leave feedback so your funds will be released.

Hope this helps,

Maria

Login to Me Too

Mishelinka86

Hi there , bought a car from private person sent the money via PayPal but we and seller constat that money are out from my PayPal but pending in his PayPal . We called customer service and they said that money are under review for 24 . But actually the 24 h gone and money still pending I can't took my car before it's completely. Is there any other reason the money to be pending. If seller shall accept them from somewhere. Really wondered what's happening. Any help and suggestions. 

Login to Me Too

booboo3
New Community Member

i have had a refund and it says pending when will it be in my balance

Login to Me Too

Ibakalao
New Community Member

I'm on the same issue, the transaction says completed but the person that I sent the money to says its on pending status, only difference is that this was a family/friends transaction, what I'm looking at? Since they need to get that money asap!?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Ibakalao,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the challenge with the pending payment.

Is the transaction ‘Pending’ on your account, or it’s ‘Completed’ on your account but showing as ‘Pending’ on the recipient’s account?

Regrettably we can’t see your account details here. If the transaction is still pending, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to review your account.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.
Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.