Payment; - Completed but Paypal balance pending?

Mr_West
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I'm new to ebay but recently I sold a few items. I checked Paypal to see that it says the payments are complete aside from one still pending due to being an eCheque.

However, when reading the Paypal balance of how much I have in my account it claims to still be pending? Is this something to do with the 21 days hold on new Ebayers? Is it safe to send those items off to the buyers and then my payment will be cleared completely due to feedback left from the buyers?

Thanks,

- Mr West.

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

PhuongP
New Community Member
Hi there, I was very disappointed about my PayPal payment was on hold more than 21 days even though transaction was completed on 07 April. Ebay also confirmed they transferred money from the buyer to Paypal. I reached out to the customer service by phone and email a few times in May and June 2019 but never could speak to a live person at PayPal. The automatic answer didn’t return me my money. Any one in the same situation as me please? How do you reach out to a live person (not automatic machine phone and email) from ebay. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

kfrancomb
Contributor
Contributor

New seller???

I've been a seller for over a year with no compliants ans they are still pulling this **bleep** on me. Its a paypal scam so they can earn interest off you - it never ends and you usually have to chase paypal long after it should have cleared.

Login to Me Too

antonia345
New Community Member
Same problem here. I have been paypal customer for over 2 years and still my payments go to pending stage! Why? Never ever had this problem. So why now? I really don't get this. I need the money, wouldn't be selling if I wasn't in need.... I am totally disappointed.
Login to Me Too

Ajh3107
New Community Member

I am having this exact problem and I've been selling since 2003 on e bay... Sold camera equipment, payment pending, can't withdraw money. Never had this before, unwilling to send while buyer could cancel payment , also I bought item , seller hasn't claimed payment. One step from closin e bay and PayPal account...

Login to Me Too

TheChloeShire
Hi, I've had this happen to me but I'm not a new seller?! It's the weekend so I am unable to post item for at least 36 hours but I'm needing the money. I also need to access the payment to be able to post the item!!!!
Login to Me Too

Teenie10
New Community Member
I have money pending in my account and I haven't bought anything of eBay or any other group like this.
Login to Me Too

marius8905
Contributor
Contributor

i've insisted  to customer service after i got the feedback and after those 72 hours had passed .

i feel schamed ! 

http://prntscr.com/bhg35o    (in email they tell you they do what they want)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marius8905

Positive feedback does not count for payment release.

Funds are generally released 7 days after you have marked it as sent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vivian3
Contributor
Contributor
I've just started selling on Depop instead of eBay and it says that the money is usually pending from 7-10 days, by it's been longer than that. Does that mean it won't be realized after 21 like these other similar situations?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi vivian3,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Any funds received into your PayPal Account may be subjected to a payment hold. It is more common with eBay payment but as Depop is also a listing site payments received from these sales can still be held. - https://goo.gl/6RafLv                    

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.