Paying a Seller Based in The Ukraine

1920FC
Contributor
Contributor

Recently purchased an item from a seller based in the Ukraine.

Attempted to pay via logging into my Paypal account through eBay and encounted the following restriction message:

> "Currently PayPal accounts in Ukraine are only able to send payments. This recipient is not eligible to receive funds."

> "At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to eBay and try another option."

Has anyone encountered a similar message?  

Any idea on how long this restriction will be in place?

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

alex_bulba

NBU clarifies procedure for receiving online payments from non-residents

The National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) has clarified a procedure for receiving online payments by the Ukrainian residents from non-residents, in connection with the regulator’s recent decision to allow payments conducted through international online payment systems.

Read more on UNIAN: http://www.unian.info/economics/1266389-nbu-clarifies-procedure-for-receiving-online-payments-from-n...

Login to Me Too

faina-kaplan
Contributor
Contributor

Could you please provide a clear and detailed answer, what are the exact reasons that PP does not have a full range of services in Ukraine. Thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@faina-kaplan

You are not going to get a details answer.

Paypal offers its services on a country to country basis and its up to them what they offer there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

faina-kaplan
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that and I would like to get the answer specific to Ukraine.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@faina-kaplan

The specific answer is that in the Ukraine you can send but not receive funds..........end of.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dennisbowen
Contributor
Contributor

According to the Kyiv Post newspaper on Feb. 14 2016:

"Starting Feb. 13, Ukrainians can receive electronic payments from nonresidents of Ukraine in foreign currency, according to a statement by the National Bank of Ukraine on Feb. 12.  This ruling opens the way for citizens of other countries to transfer electronic money to accounts in Ukrainian banks."

http://www.kyivpost.com/article/content/business/ukraine-moves-towards-paypal-residents-can-now-rece...

Login to Me Too

ikarpov
Contributor
Contributor

Fairy tales are the main business of Ukrainian National Bank. Nothing has changed since this declaration.

Login to Me Too

faina-kaplan
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think so.

Login to Me Too

Skorp
Contributor
Contributor

I see that people are sending money offsite to Ukraine sellers. The thing is, how can you trust them? I don't think Ukraine residents should be able to sell on eBay and only buy. It is rather confusing and makes it really risky sending money offsite without protection. I am stuck right now as this Ukraine seller wants me to send money to Mastercard Moneysend, but he has zero feedback!

Ugh....

Login to Me Too

ikarpov
Contributor
Contributor

Generally, you can't. The people are different, everywhere. So try some other way, Skrill for example.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.