Paying a Seller Based in The Ukraine

1920FC
Contributor
Contributor

Recently purchased an item from a seller based in the Ukraine.

Attempted to pay via logging into my Paypal account through eBay and encounted the following restriction message:

> "Currently PayPal accounts in Ukraine are only able to send payments. This recipient is not eligible to receive funds."

> "At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to eBay and try another option."

Has anyone encountered a similar message?  

Any idea on how long this restriction will be in place?

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Some countries are restricted to being able to buy internationally ie send payments but for whatever reasons ? security they are unable to be sellers and receive payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

1920FC
Contributor
Contributor

Clear as mud. Smiley Wink

Have any forum members/Paypal staff have any worthwhile contributions or helpful advice they would like to add?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi 1920FC,

Welcome to the community forum.

kernowlass is right. Not all countries can use PayPal to receive payments. Right now Ukraine is one of the countries that can only use PayPal to send money and not receive it. Though we are always expanding and I would not be able to give a firm timeframe for when there will be additional services available in Ukraine.

I hope this helps.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

rocco_jibraltar
New Community Member

thanks for adding your 2¢ worth, rachel, but *no* your information does *not* help!!! 

the lack of ability to send payments to ukraine has been an ongoing problem for AT LEAST THREE AND ONE HALF YEARS now!

to wit:  http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/183349-how_do_you_get_paypal_verification_in_ukraine.html

why is paypal dragging its feet on ukraine verification?  if their citizens have *ever* needed money help, *now* would be a *really* good time for them to start being able to get it!

r j

Login to Me Too

dmytro949

Come on PayPal, add Ukraine to the list of countries where we can send payments. What's so difficult about it? 

Login to Me Too

Sheki
Contributor
Contributor

Has the status of receiving money via PayPal in the Ukraine changed or is it still only for sending?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sheki

Still only sending, check out the link below and select your country from the drop down list.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Iuliiam

Hello,
today was trying to send money to my family in Ukraine. The response was 'Currently PayPal accounts in Ukraine are only able to send payments. This recipient is not eligible to receive funds.'
As I see this topic was raised in 2014, now 2015 is close to the end.
I can't find mentioned above 'timeframe' for this issue.
What're those mysterious obstacles that don't allow to receive money in Ukraine?
In the list of countries with available options to send-receive money Russia mentioned to be able get both, despite sanctions applied toward this country due to aggression against Ukraine.
As I know the petition was provided to resolve this problem, and now answer so far.
If I have to sing somewhere to force this process kindly send a link.
It's very difficult times for Ukrainian and I'm sure many people would be willing to help their friends and families.

Login to Me Too

petefromaus
Contributor
Contributor

is now 2017 still cant send paypal to ukraine?is it ukraine banks?government ?or paypal? can one of them answer?because yes is crazy that a struggling economy would benifit from money pore in to country would give citerzens money to live spend so who is the one who is not approving??

i have friends in ukraine would love i cant send them i used send payoneer but online form has stopped?

economies work by being open and not restricted??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.