Paying a Seller Based in The Ukraine

1920FC
Contributor
Contributor

Recently purchased an item from a seller based in the Ukraine.

Attempted to pay via logging into my Paypal account through eBay and encounted the following restriction message:

> "Currently PayPal accounts in Ukraine are only able to send payments. This recipient is not eligible to receive funds."

> "At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to eBay and try another option."

Has anyone encountered a similar message?  

Any idea on how long this restriction will be in place?

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

mattwi4

April 1, 2017 and PayPal is not permitting payments to Ukraine. What is up with PayPal I know there are Russian supporters of Ukraine, here's to hoping they can give Putin a bootin'.

Login to Me Too

Dazzeno
So long as the war is on in Ukraine, things will be difficult all round. Same PayPal message of discrimination, Ukrainians not allowed to receive money. However, I was successful buying fur from Mauripol, I used swift bank code, and bank deposit, no dramas. Item came faster than fur from Canada, a country without war , but With exorbitant postage cost and glacial speed delivery. Then , what can we expect of a land of Northern Charm, and Southern efficiency?
Login to Me Too

Dazzeno
So long as the war is on in Ukraine, things will be difficult all round. Same PayPal message of discrimination, Ukrainians not allowed to receive money. However, I was successful buying fur from Mauripol, I used swift bank code, and bank deposit, no dramas. Item came faster than fur from Canada, a country without war , but With exorbitant postage cost and glacial speed delivery.
Login to Me Too

ikarpov
Contributor
Contributor

This issue existed long before the war (BTW, officially there's no war in Ukraine), so it is not the reason. Also, Skrill (former Moneybookers) allows Ukrainians to receive the money. So, I suppose, someone in PP is a way too lazy to make it happen, that's all.

Login to Me Too

Destiny2
Have been trying to send money to Ukraine for the better part of a week. Everything I tried seemed to fail- PayPal won't send payments there, my bank won't wire money there (so no SWIFT transfers), XE trade won't transfer money there... Etc. The only way I could seem to get the money there was through Western Union but the whole process was odd. They would not send money to an account and they would only do it as a cash for pick-up. Not sure if the receiver will be able to get it. Now, I wish I had tried Skrill but didn't know about it and my seller didn't mention it. If anyone has found a good method for getting money to the Ukraine FROM THE U.S., please let the rest of us know.
Login to Me Too

ikarpov
Contributor
Contributor

You can use Skrill to transfer the money. Or your counterpart may get a card like Pioneer, it takes a couple of weeks usually. Also you can transfer the money directly to her/his local credit card (Visa/MasterCard) but in this case the recipient should pay 15% tax (many simply ignore this, though).

Hope it helps.

Login to Me Too

Destiny2
Sadly- transferring directly did not work at all. I went to the bank, talked to support on the phone and they all replied that sending money to a Ukrainian card was not possible. I should have tried Skrill and may do that if the WU method fails.
Login to Me Too

Babydol
New Community Member

Skrill is a great option for most but USA- they will have supah high fees for sending using skrill and if I remember correctly last year USA was even not able to use skrill to send anything - at least one guy I worked on told me that and when I checked I saw he tells the truth...

Login to Me Too

Iuliiam

Hello,
today was trying to send money to my family in Ukraine. The response was 'Currently PayPal accounts in Ukraine are only able to send payments. This recipient is not eligible to receive funds.'
As I see this topic was raised in 2014, now 2015 is close to the end.
I can't find mentioned above 'timeframe' for this issue.
What're those mysterious obstacles that don't allow to receive money in Ukraine?
In the list of countries with available options to send-receive money Russia mentioned to be able get both, despite sanctions applied toward this country due to aggression against Ukraine.
As I know the petition was provided to resolve this problem, and now answer so far.
If I have to sing somewhere to force this process kindly send a link.
It's very difficult times for Ukrainian and I'm sure many people would be willing to help their friends and families.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry but currently customers in Ukraine can currently only send money using the PayPal service. It's not possible for customers in Ukraine to receive money on a PayPal account at the moment.

This may change at some point in future but this is the current process that is in place.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.