PayPal funds pending

Connor-96
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Been selling on eBay for about 2 years now and have never had this problem before. I know when starting off PayPal hold your funds for 21 days before becoming available in your balance. Well, I've run into this buyer who bought one of my items who had 0 feedback and a really random username made up of jumbled up letters and numbers. So they paid but the PayPal balance still says pending after sending the item one week ago. Yet when others buy my items the money becomes available straight away. Is this some form of a scam I'm not aware of or is it to do with something else. Any help would be appreciated
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Connor-96

What does it say next to pending?

Does it say uncleared?

Can you click on it and does it say anything about clearance or the 21 day hold?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Connor-96
Contributor
Contributor
When I go onto the payment it says that he has opened a dispute saying that their item has not arrived. How typical considering their account was created 10 days ago, has 0 feedback and a dodgy username. What do I do? I sent the item first class signed for and it hasn't received a signature?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Connor-96

Well you didn't mention anything about a dispute in your opening post.

Unfortunately if he filed for non receipt of item and tracking does not show the item as delivered you will probably lose.

However, if you put your return addy on the parcel hopefully it will make its way back to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Connor-96
Contributor
Contributor
It's because I didn't realise he had opened dispute until now
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.