PayPal dispute issue

SS55
Contributor
Contributor
I recently brought an item (quadcopter) from an online selling site gumtree The seller did not send some of the items advertised and quad was slightly faulty. Seller admitted they forgot to send one of the items but denied about the other item both which are expensive items Seller said they will just return that one item. I was happy with this and whilst waiting for item to arrive in the meantime I upgraded and fixed the quad and brought about £500 worth of new non returnable parts. But Seller did not send any items so I opened a PayPal dispute. Seller did not respond and the case was won in my favour and was told by PayPal I did not require to do anything else and the case has now been closed. I had my money refunded. Now he is threatening he's going to come get the quad or wants full money back. paypal hasn't told me to return item back and I wouldn't as Iv spent so much extra and won't get that money back. The seller had plenty of time and chances to rectify the issue but decided not and is now saying Iv ripped him off? He's also wanting to report me to the police or take me to court. What can I do to sort this issue out. Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SS55

Ignore him, paypal found in your favour end of.

Tell him that if he keeps harrassing you then you will report him to the police for harrassment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SS55
Contributor
Contributor
That's what I'm doing now. But will there be anything that he can do as I don't want to loose the money Iv spent? Thanks for reply
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SS55

If paypal refunded the money then he can't get it back again via paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.