PayPal charged me twice for a refund

Damoman100
New Community Member
I sold an item for £30, received around £28.50 after fees, buyer had a problem so I refunded through ebay. Another person brought my item, I received the money and transferred it to my bank account. PayPal charged me £28.50 in my bank account for the refund even though it already refunded from my PayPal balance which I had left all the money on. So on mu PayPal I now have 0 balance and have made 0 from the sale. On my PayPal log it says Original transaction payment from ..... Refunded28.50 On related transactions it says refund pending 28.50 Add funds from bank account uncleared 28.50
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hey Damoman100,

Welcome to the Community!

Based on what you are advising, it sounds to me that there is a pending payment from your bank as well as the refund that was processed. If you can see that a payment is Uncleared on your PayPal account, this should have completed processing around 5-7 working days after the payment was initiated.

If you get a chance, could you please check your account and see if the payment that was processing from your bank account has completed yet?

Please let us know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.