PayPal are making millions in interest by holding our monies

bargainsfromalj
Contributor
Contributor
Personally I think it's absolutely disgusting that PayPal decided to change rules and hold our money for goods sold on ebay ... can't you see they are making millions of pounds in interest from us. I for one will be selling on ebay in future and asking for payments by postal order cheque or cash ...If we all did the same maybe PayPal would stop holding our money and getting the interest for those 21 days....its all utter greed so don't listen to the stupid excuses of holding money until you've completed a certain amount of sales or been an eBayer for a certain amount of time. Just imagine the amount of sales must top millions of pounds and PayPal are keeping all the interest....THIS NEVER USED TO BE SO WHY NOW
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It has been so for years for NEW sellers.

Every single seller on ebay has been through the process and as its for buyer protection most understand.

It also filters out poor sellers which is equally good for the rest of us.

Also you RARELY have to wait 21 days, the most i waited was about a week as i sent my items trackable.

As a buyer I would never send money to a stranger on ebay without paypal buyer protection so having paypal encourages buyers.

I have spent loads on ebay that I would never have done if it had not been for paypal as i would not have risked my cash otherwise.

You don't have to use ebay, you don't have to use paypal, if you choose to then you go through the new seller hold for a short time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.