PayPal accept payments for RESTRICTED items on eBay

FWand
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to sell sensitive data on ebay like mailchimp lists etc but people were saying that PayPal has blocked their accounts for illegal activity - it can't be true! 

I guess the law has changed or something  because it's possible on eBay to sell items like databases full of personal data and pay through PayPal. 

I'm glad that was not true!

Woman LOL

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_david

Hi FWand,

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this.

From what I understand, I would think that database lists could be sold once the information is obtained with the persons permission and there wasn't any sensitive information (card number, bank account number etc) included on the list.

If the information was to include any sensitive information or was fraudulently obtained, then this would not be permitted to be sold through PayPal.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

FWand
Contributor
Contributor

Hello David,

You can see exactly what is listed here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161670719983

Description doesn't say anything about information was obtained with the persons permission etc

Do you think would be possible to ask 14.5 K or more people to give the permission?

At least 99% would not agree 🙂

YOU ARE NOT RIGHT DAVID SAYING

From what I understand, I would think that database lists could be sold once the information is obtained with the persons permission and there wasn't any sensitive information (card number, bank account number etc) included on the list.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/maillists.html

• Bulk email lists, including:

• Opt-in lists

• Information on how to obtain bulk email lists

• Corporate email lists

• Private email lists

The "good" thing is that PP / eBay doesn't check what's inside?

Login to Me Too

pepys11
Contributor
Contributor

I have £270 pending in paypal.  One item collected, the other I delivered, I have positive feedback so why is money still being held??? I have tried telephoning via my mobile (chargable) first time for 8 minutes on hold, the second time for 10 minutes on hold.  Have tried to get in coact via stupid forms maybel this will work and ebay will call me and release my money!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. Why use paypal for an item that is collected?? Ebay allows you to put cash on collection on auctions where you are selling that type of item. That way you would have had instant cash in hand and no paypal fee. 

2. Feedback does not count towards payment release.

3. Info in the link but make sure you scroll right to the bottom of the page or you will miss the release criteria times.

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds,

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.