Pay pal said no but ebay refunded my money

Alex82
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, two weeks ago i bought a funko pop from ebay. it was supposed to be exclusive U.S.A. so i bought one and after a while i saw that the seller had another one for sale in even better condition. so i contacted him and i pay him through pay pal services this time, so he can post both of the items with the same post/parcel. once i received the pops, it was easy to realise that the "exclusive sticker" was a counterfeit. After the lack of communication with the seller i opened 2 cases (one with ebay and one with pay pal) pay pal reply was "not in my favour" so i chased the ebay. after lots of photos that i have destroyed the items and some declaration forms. today i got my money from ebay (including the postage). so my question is how come pay pal denied it without even ask me for some photos or proofs?   

thanks 

Alex

ps:the advertising title was "exlusive thinkgeek"

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alex82

For a fake item dispute to succeed you have to provide written proof to paypal from a store that sells the real thing OR trading standards to win, as paypal is not Ebay they can't see any pictures / seller info etc to make a decision.

Also if you pay via an invoice or money request then that invoice must show all the details of the item that you are paying for. So if on the second payment the seller just said ''phone'' then that is what you got.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alex82

For a fake item dispute to succeed you have to provide written proof to paypal from a store that sells the real thing OR trading standards to win, as paypal is not Ebay they can't see any pictures / seller info etc to make a decision.

Also if you pay via an invoice or money request then that invoice must show all the details of the item that you are paying for. So if on the second payment the seller just said ''phone'' then that is what you got.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.