Pay Pal asking for my bank account

Contributor
Contributor

I will appreciate any help from members as I am totally confused.Up to date Pay Pal have been transferring my money from sales directly into my current account. Today when I tried to access my money a 'pop up message' stated to enter a bank account so that I could make payments directly from my account. I have a registered credit card and debit card to pay for all my purchases. My Ebay fees are paid with my registered cc.

I havnt any otjher bank accounts.My one bank account is used to receive my State Pension and Housekeeping. There are limited funds in this account that is why I use my registered cc. to pay for everthing. If I use my current bank account to make payments to Pay Pal I will run out of money. Im really worried about this as I have made more sales today but MY money is unaccessible. No problems at all until today. I have written to Pay Pal but have not received an answer within 48hrs as they promised. 

Im sorry if I have posted on incorrect page but in my mid 70s Im not as quick witted as I used to be

Sincerely,

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but you have confused me a bit.

You state this >>

Up to date Pay Pal have been transferring my money from sales directly into my current account.

So if you already have your bank account linked to your paypal account why would they be asking you to link it??

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for quick reply. This is what I cannot understand either. Could I have inadvertantly clicked an incorrect link?

My credit card is valid with plenty of funds. Ebay deducted my sellers fees from it today.I tried to ring Pay Pal earlier but was told the waiting time to be put through was extensive. Is there anything else I can try,

Thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You haven't cancelled the direct debit on your online banking have you?

Or cancelled your bank account in your paypal "wallet"?.

Because if your bank account is confirmed and already added and you have already been withdrawing funds from your paypal account to your bank account then there is no reason for them to ask you to add one !!!!

If you still have no luck then try these ways of getting hold of customer services >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.