PLEASE HELP-I think I have been scamed!!!

Ledo
Contributor
Contributor

The buyer from Finland wanted to buy a statue but told me he has a paypal agent named Richard Smith and  they asked me to pay for the shipping upfront  80  EUROS and I  will be contacted by the shipping agent to pick it up.

I payed, there  is no confirmation on paypal...and I think  they just took the money and dissapeared.:-(

They had my Name,Adress and  pay-pay e-mail.

Should I be worried?:-(

Is there any chance I could get the money  back.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ledo

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

They have scammed you now and will move on to the next victim. As none of the transaction was done via paypal there is no way to get your money back unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.