No transaction ID as I paid as a guest user. Item didn't arrive - how can I get a refund??

palcarthy12
New Community Member

I paid for an ebay item as a guest user and now cannot get a refund for an item that dod not arrive as I have no transaction ID. It was a lot of money and paypal have not been helpful at all. I have the transaction details and a reciept number - what can I do??

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can file for item not received on ebay. Go to your my ebay and then select the options to the right of your item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gersch33
Contributor
Contributor

i have purchased item on eBay,item has was not received,i have spoken to seller and he has agreed to refund and has advised me to open case on eBay ihave tried opening case but i get a message saying that i purchased item on ebay ireland and the reason for that is that the buyer is on multiple sites and even though i signed into eBay UK it took me to eBay ireland.i have logged into ebay ireland to find that i cant find my item.i havecontacted eBay and they said i should open a case on paypal,i paid as a guest on paypal at the time of purchase but now have an account but the steps paypal has sent me to open a dispute is useless because i cant find my transaction id which means i cant open a case.does anyone have a solution for me? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gersch33

You can still open a dispute with paypal if you paid as a guest buyer BUT you have to contact customer services and they will open one for you >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

johnnyd13
Contributor
Contributor
Don't listen to him.he obviously can't read.if you buy as a guest when you go to my eBay it will only show you your member transactions.guest purchases no where to be found.3 different Muppets told me 3 different ways (to do my head in.) Totally incompetent staff with no idea other than to tell you they kicked you to the Kirb AFTER you made the purchase.been to prementioned address.entered no.still waiting for the email.they told me I should contact" payfoul".same hand different Muppets.but guaranteed their all ignorant spineless a -holes.good luck buddy.I'll go ya halves in a guided missile.unlike from these pretenders well get guarantee satisfaction.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@johnnyd13

Firstly i don't work for paypal.

Secondly as a GUEST buyer they have to contact paypal.

Thirdly ebay will TELL them to contact paypal.

Lastly apart from your rude and rubbish answer you are replyig to someone who posted over a year ago so doubt they would be interested in YOUR reply.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

johnnyd13
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't actually see the date.neededv to vent .as it turned out I got another email from eBay 2 days ago telling me to go to PayPal..using their link I have managed to send a message to seller.to say that they would send me their is a lie and the whole reason for my angst.that last email was around the 20th email and the first that worked.I've had several different answers from them ranging from I can claim with eBay to this last one.every time I followed their guidance.I wasted hours thinking I must be able to do it coz they would know.badong believe me Peter perfect it's annoying.not to mention every time I replied telling them no good and trying to get them to acknowledge that surely if so many people had this issue would it not be less hassle and sound business practice to have pop-up or something let people know that everything they've seen advertised with tracking and being covered by eBay is not the case as a guest buyer.I was and am registered member but was having issues logging in so just continued as guest.they were told this every time.but replied by saying they recommend I sign up and purchase as member.continually replied that I didn't know if we were speaking same language and told them again and again that I am and was a member and issues I had..never got understanding just same suggestion.I know the deal now as I explained.it was for the next unsuspecting victims. finally the post may have been a year old but like me many people read results other than poster to get answers and after trying the answer to the post it was wrong.seller by the way has vanished from eBay so I don't expect a reply.eBay I'm sure know this but privacy prevents them from telling me more.just that they deal with sellers who break their policies.
Login to Me Too

Taylerlaynne
New Community Member
I made a payment to a Chinese website thinking it was safe because I payed through paypal. I have a paypal account but didn't get a transaction ID, so I guess I payed as a guest through paypal. I didn't receive my order & by the message I got from the website it's obviously a scam. What can I do about this? How can I get my money back? & how can I stop this site
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Taylerlaynne, 

If you have paid for your item using a guest account then you will need to contact us directly. Once you contact us we can assist you in locating the transaction and manually file a claim on your behalf. Please be aware that you can only file a claim up to 45 days from the date of the transaction. 

Thanks for posting and please let us know how you get on. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

vicky-booklover
New Community Member

I encountered the same problem. But could you please tell me how I can contact Paypal? Is there a link to submit teh encountered problem.

I was a guest user when I bought the item. When I want to submit my problem in the Resolution Center, it keeps asking me for the transaction id, which I could not find at all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.