No transaction ID as I paid as a guest user. Item didn't arrive - how can I get a refund??

palcarthy12
New Community Member

I paid for an ebay item as a guest user and now cannot get a refund for an item that dod not arrive as I have no transaction ID. It was a lot of money and paypal have not been helpful at all. I have the transaction details and a reciept number - what can I do??

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact us bottom of paypal pages > use the call us option on the left..

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

louisehaywood2
New Community Member

Hi, I payed for my tickets on  17/05/13 expecting them to arrive last week. Unfortunately after returning from holiday I found that the item was no longer listed on ebay and the user no longer avaliable. If that was enough I have now discovered that because I did the transaction as a guest I cannot get my money back. This is disgusting for both sites since you preach safe user protection but harber fraud. I hope you can help resolve my issue since it was a large amount and I am throughly dissapointed. 

Louise Haywood

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Firstly this is an advice forum and not paypal customer services.

Secondly who told you that as you paid as a guest payer you can't get your money back??

As long as you used paypal you should still be able to open a dispute but you need to contact customer services and request they do it for you.

Contact us bottom of paypal pages > use the call us option on the left (fees apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Thirdly both sites give "some buyer and some seller protection" but it is up to you to read those sections and make sure you qualify for that protection when you buy and sell.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mafty
New Community Member

I did as suggested and called the freephone number, but kept quiet until I was connected to a human.

They then sorted the problem inside of 5 minutes and I am now awaiting an email confirming my refund has been recieved.

Login to Me Too

hi mafty,

Can you tell me who you talk and solve the problem for you and can you please kindly give me the number or email of that person ? 

Login to Me Too

hello paula,

i shop on ebay an item but i used paypal as a guest user and now i'm so confused what to do because my item haven't arrive yet and i try to contact him but the seller even didn't replied me and i really need a refund.Can you give me some advise ? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
Did you actually READ paypal paulas post where she tells you exactly what to do if you have not received an item as a guest payer???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Husnain
New Community Member

I just launched a dispute by calling the paypal team on the number given in the contact us tab at the bottom of your paypal account screen (for UK 08707 307 191 or 00 353 1 436 9004 if dialling outside of the United Kingdom). It took me 4-5mins to register the dispute and they assured refund of my amount as I have'nt received my items (I paid as a guest user).

I hope it will be helpful for someone who has same problem.

Cheers.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Husnain,

Thanks for sharing 🙂 

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Wighter1
New Community Member

I have paid for an item as a guest.  I need some kind of confirmation as the payee cannot track this trarnsaction.  this was made some two three hours ago.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.