Nigeria scammers

Pierre6000
New Community Member

This is the latest scam tried on me while trying to sell my sons Trainers. Have you noticed how prolific they are when using sites like Gumtree and Loot. Also the fake paypal site looks very authentic. Be very aware!

Dear Peter Lewis,

You received a payment of £200.00 GBP  from Dennis Prutha
Thanks for using PayPal. To see all the transaction details, check your PayPal Email.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Reversals:
       Please be aware that your payment is on pending, Kindly comply to the instruction given to you Below.

Seller Protection - Eligible

85%         
Payment On Hold Until You Complete The Transaction

Buyer
Dennis Prutha.
Note to seller
Please i want you to ship the (shoes) to my Wife Address and i have add shipping fee, Get it ship out asap.
Shipping Information - confirmed

Name: Akinkunmi Thomas,
Address: No 90 Agbawo UI,
 City: Ibadan ,
State: Oyo State,
 Zip code: 23403
        Postage details.
 Royal Mail

Description
Unit price
Qty
Amount
air Jordan 4's

£140.00 GBP
£140.00 GBP

Insurance - not offered:
----
Shipping charges:
£60.00 GBP
Payment:
£200.00 GB

Questions? you can contact the Help Center by: Click Here.

This PayPal?payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been " APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until we have confirm the  Shipment  Details,this is to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send shipment Number  & scanned receipt to us or email us through this mail  

**PLEASE NOTE**

PayPal Customer Service will send you the CONFIRMATION EMAIL that your PayPal Account has been credited with a sum of £200.00 GBP as soon as the above information's have been received and verified. Please, understand that this is a security measure to help protect both the Buyer and the Seller, therefore we apologize for any inconvenience that we might have caused you..

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team.

David Marcus 
President
Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

PayPal Email ID PP1001

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes been going on for years, just look on this board for posts with Nigeria in them.

But if you look at the spelling and poor grammar they are easy to spot especially their strange use of capital letters.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.