Nigeria fraud

Kaka1983
Do not send your items I'm getting the very same story of people sending me emails that they are buying a present for someone and want me to send it they will pay me the money I have to admit nearly fell for it but then thought hold on I didn't give my email address and asked to be contacted by phone but I got 2 emails of different people with similar stories so happy I didn't send my phone i was being asked to ship it to Nigeria also
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

joanna69
Contributor
Contributor

"I saw" the transfer of money on my PayPal account, it was my first time with PayPal when I was the seller and thought that actually sent the money. I did not know how to check. How I was stupid......  😞

Login to Me Too

Shopgirlire
New Community Member
No 5 Olorunsogo Street Abiola Way,Abeokuta
23430, Ogun-State, Nigeria.

Same address and person named Craig Clarke buying Ipod saying will pay paypal fees and shipping to this address above. Just to send an invoice to him and he will pay and once I confirm to send. Seems like cannot actually get any information from me etc after talking to Paypal but still an obvious fraud. 
Login to Me Too

I've sent my item as prompted by PayPal AND eBay too ship my items because the money was pending in my account until they received shipping details. Have they made a c**k up?!

They said the money is there. But now 24 hours has gone by and I have nothing.

Plus, I'm minus my item now it's heading too Nigeria!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The emails would have been spoofs and not from ebay or paypal.

You should NEVER send anything until the funds show in your paypal account BALANCE.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.