Nigeria fraud

Kaka1983
Do not send your items I'm getting the very same story of people sending me emails that they are buying a present for someone and want me to send it they will pay me the money I have to admit nearly fell for it but then thought hold on I didn't give my email address and asked to be contacted by phone but I got 2 emails of different people with similar stories so happy I didn't send my phone i was being asked to ship it to Nigeria also
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

yes just do a search on the board, loads of threads and posts about it.

Buyers in Nigeria can't own a paypal account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kaka1983
It's crazy first one said it was for her friend who was working in Nigeria so I then said I will meet you in person and you can send it to your friend she said oh I am going to be out of town working I said I didn't mind and I would go and meet her lol I knew it wasn't going to happen she hasn't replied since then the other email he said it was for his son that his son is a navy officer and he wanted to get him a present I asked were he was he said in the states working and was very busy that's why he couldn't ring me I'm so glad people share this information
Login to Me Too

Kaka1983
8 olorunsogo abiola way Abeokuta ogan-state 23430 Nigeria
Login to Me Too

Kaka1983
That's the address I am being asked to send my phone lol
Login to Me Too

MissEmmaC
New Community Member
I'm do happy I realised it was weird that 2 people wanted to buy my phone for people in Africa one was for son and the other for grandson 😕 Nearly went for the 1st one till I replied to the sencond thought it was strange it was also Africa and they used this address: No8.Olorunsogo Abiola way
Login to Me Too

rallymaster
New Community Member

All       just in the middle of same experience as i have a watch to sell...........thought it strange that nobody bothered to view the item before asking me to ship to 8 Olo Runsogo Abiola Way Nigeria as a christmas present for thier son!!

Login to Me Too

LadyP
Contributor
Contributor

I just had someone by the name of Elizabeth Kavanagh looking to buy my item from donedeal with asking to pay using paypal and send to the following address - would seem that is most likely fraudulent. 

Name Adegberu Gbenga
Address No8.Olorunsogo Abiola way
City Abeokuta
State Ogun
Country Nigeria
Zip Code +23430
Login to Me Too

joanna69
Contributor
Contributor

he same thing happened on  me few days ago. Is there a possibility to recover the money?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

as these transaction are not done via the paypal site then you are not protected by paypal seller or buyer protection unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.