Never using eBay with PayPal again -- sick of Pending for 21 days

isawme
Contributor
Contributor

I'm done with using eBay and PayPal.  Sick of it.

This is the second time I have had to wait 20+ days to get my money from PayPal after selling my iPhone on eBay.

Sale went fine, I shipped the item next day signed for with full insurance, and the buyer signed for it on the Monday after I sent it on Saturday.  I added the tracking number to the sale 2 hours after it was sold.  no issues.

Yet PayPal will not give me MY MONEY until the 29th of August.   Disgusting.

I've spoken to the customer services who said they couldn't release it because it was over 500 USD.  

Brilliant.  

I've been a loyal PayPal user for years, and a 100% positive feedback on eBay for several years.  

Never again, PayPal.  Your service is NOT seller friendly.  

From now on I will sell my items elsewhere and skip your "service"

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@isawme

August?? I doubt they expect you to wait that long....LOL

The 21 day hold is for buyer protection, your buyer may have received the phone but paypal allow time for the buyer to make sure its not fake / stolen etc and they don't need to file a dispute for ''item received but not as described'' for very expensive items.

The hold is at the most 3 weeks and to be honest without buyer protection you may not have sold it in the first place as i certainly would not send that amount of money to a stranger without buyer protection.

But whether you sell and use paypal is up to you, I am happy to as without it i would not be able to receive card funded payments from buyers AND get higher prices for my items.

Also if you have only sold 2 items then you are going to have 100% feedback really as you can't get a neg feedback as a buyer.

Also the seller ''hold'' does not last long and if you sell quite a lot of low cost items it should go more quickly.

But thats up to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

isawme
Contributor
Contributor

Typo.  I meant Oct 29th.

21 days is ridiculous.  Defend the position all you want.  I did everything PayPal asks for to make it quick so the funds are released in a timely manner.

21 days is not timely.  When I called the weeke before, the rep said 7 days after confirmed delivery.  Now the rep today says not until 29th Oct.  Brilliant.  Even your reps can't get it straight.

And tell me.  What does PayPal do with the money while it's in pending status?  Does it just sit on it?  Or does it dump it into nightly accounts to reap the interest it makes on peoples' money it's withholding?  

As I said, if this is what is to be expected, that I have to way nearly a month for my money, forget it.   Never using PayPal on eBay to sell an item again.  I'll take my chances on cash on pickup.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@isawme

Nope not defending them, just saying how it affected me when I went through it.

I did not mind as EVERY ebay seller goes through it, it does not last long AND it meant I could actually sell my item for a good price as buyers were confident buying and using paypal.

Brilliant.  Even your reps can't get it straight.

My reps?? What the heck have I got to do with paypal, I don't work or represent them.

What does PayPal do with the money while it's in pending status?  Does it just sit on it?  Or does it dump it into nightly accounts to reap the interest it makes on peoples' money it's withholding?  

No idea, why not ask them? 

And as I said if you use paypal or not thats up to you, it matters not one jot to me as all it does is give the rest of us more customers   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.