NIGERIA - PICKU UP AGENT SCAM

and1palo
New Community Member

Hellou my friends Iam new on EBAY and PAYPAL just a few days and this is a my story :  I have 1 item on ebay and 5 days ago Im a get a message from one guy (DAVID SHARON) he want buy my ites for 600 pounds but he is on Oil Rigand want by for his son on birthday and he dont come soo he send a pick up agent for item because ist heave and Im say ok..he send money on my paypall but my account was 0.00 his next message was hellou my friend you must send a 200 pounds from western union for my pick up agent and than I get my 600 pounds on my paypall............

Transaction ID:KMM22412531V69529L0KM      Item #   Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal     * subwofers Digital Designs 2 x 2515
    1 £600.00

£600.00

Shipping & Handling 
(includes any seller handling fees)

£220.00      Total:£820.00

....pick up agent firm is in NIGERIA.........NAME...OSAS MIKE
ADDRESS...PLOT 101,MILITARY ROAD
CITY...IBADAN
STATE...OYO STATE
ZIPCODE...23402
COUNTRY...NIGERIA......................
......................................It look very suspiciously ,why NIGERIA  ??? Iam dont send any money and this guy Sharon Davis send me next messages why I do not respond....he send a money on my acount...and next....> Next day Im get a message from ,,PAYPAL,, ........................
.....................Hello PayPal User,

It is important for us to know the status of the transaction between you and "Jordan David" otherwise "LEGAL ACTION" may be taken against you since you refused to provide the Western Union details to PayPal.

We believed you entered into bidding agreement by requesting money through PayPal, you have violated the PayPal agreement and they made us aware the transaction can not be reversed. However the buyer has already contacted us in other to make report about your non response,we are ensuring to make PayPal a safer place, therefore we need to set confidence on our users. We request for the Scanned Receipt and the Western Union details in less than 24hours and released the funds into your account or face the consequences of "LEGAL ACTION". This is in other to protect both the seller and buyer. 

We use proprietary technology and constantly innovate to help ensure your transactions are safe. In addition, PayPal has over 20,000 staffs worldwide dedicated to put a stop to online fraud. And we work with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) worldwide to shut off fraudulent websites as soon as possible.

NOTE:Failure to abide to this means your Name and Address will be forward to the law enforcement agency in your country to get you arrested, because you are practicing fraud and your PayPal account and your bank account will be BLOCKED.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Yours sincerely,

INTERPOL TEAM

CONNECTING POLICE FOR A SAFER WORLD..................................................................................

................................And now I have my Item home because I dont send nothig anywhere

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

niknik1921
hey guys, I Justo had the same scamy regarding someone buying wedding dresses from myself to Nigeria. The name used was Maria Walker.
Login to Me Too

palminarebora
Contributor
Contributor

Hello communitypaypal

I've just recevied the same message that others posted here some months ago.

Thanks for the warning.

PAY ATTENTION TO THESE MAIL ADDRESSES

jordanzq2  sharonqz4  from jordan david sharon

Thanks for the mail,i am buying this for my daughter as her gift because i would not be around to celebrate with her i am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore and due to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want this item to be a surprise gift for my daughter so i wont let her know anything about the item until it gets delivered to her,i am sure she will be more than happy with the item.I will make the payment through paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account,as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payment as soon as possible for the item and pls if you don't have PayPal account yet,it is very easy to set up, go on www.paypal.com and get it set up ,after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you used for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up immediately you have receive the payment in full.please get back to me with your final price.
Jordan David

Login to Me Too

GV1444
New Community Member

I believ these people are still active.

They reacted on my advertisement on my seling car on the dutch carwebsite autotrack.nl.

This is how they reacted:

"Thanks for the response Does it need anything to be replace or repair?if theirs please specify,what is your last price? I will arrange for a private shipper to come over for picking it up down to my place after payment has been received. I will be making the payment through PayPal as paypal is safe and secured for transactions online, advice soon as I’m at sea at the moment as a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an text regarding it, I would appreciate if you email me with more pictures (if available) too,since i won’t be be able to see this in person, if you dont have paypal account you can sign up paypal account at www.paypal.nl. I will need the following details below to send funds to in order for me to pay you ASAP.

Are you the first owner:
Your PayPal e-Mail Address:
full name:
What is your reason for selling it?
Address:
Price:
I await your reply.

Later messages:

yes price is agreed.

shipping company will be taking the car to UK.

Later message:

on Monday will be okay.

the company name is America Autos Shipping company and there email address is

Later message:

on Monday will be okay.

they can not pickup  there call but they can text

And so it goes on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.