NIGERIA - PICKU UP AGENT SCAM

and1palo
New Community Member

Hellou my friends Iam new on EBAY and PAYPAL just a few days and this is a my story :  I have 1 item on ebay and 5 days ago Im a get a message from one guy (DAVID SHARON) he want buy my ites for 600 pounds but he is on Oil Rigand want by for his son on birthday and he dont come soo he send a pick up agent for item because ist heave and Im say ok..he send money on my paypall but my account was 0.00 his next message was hellou my friend you must send a 200 pounds from western union for my pick up agent and than I get my 600 pounds on my paypall............

Transaction ID:KMM22412531V69529L0KM      Item #   Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal     * subwofers Digital Designs 2 x 2515
    1 £600.00

£600.00

Shipping & Handling 
(includes any seller handling fees)

£220.00      Total:£820.00

....pick up agent firm is in NIGERIA.........NAME...OSAS MIKE
ADDRESS...PLOT 101,MILITARY ROAD
CITY...IBADAN
STATE...OYO STATE
ZIPCODE...23402
COUNTRY...NIGERIA......................
......................................It look very suspiciously ,why NIGERIA  ??? Iam dont send any money and this guy Sharon Davis send me next messages why I do not respond....he send a money on my acount...and next....> Next day Im get a message from ,,PAYPAL,, ........................
.....................Hello PayPal User,

It is important for us to know the status of the transaction between you and "Jordan David" otherwise "LEGAL ACTION" may be taken against you since you refused to provide the Western Union details to PayPal.

We believed you entered into bidding agreement by requesting money through PayPal, you have violated the PayPal agreement and they made us aware the transaction can not be reversed. However the buyer has already contacted us in other to make report about your non response,we are ensuring to make PayPal a safer place, therefore we need to set confidence on our users. We request for the Scanned Receipt and the Western Union details in less than 24hours and released the funds into your account or face the consequences of "LEGAL ACTION". This is in other to protect both the seller and buyer. 

We use proprietary technology and constantly innovate to help ensure your transactions are safe. In addition, PayPal has over 20,000 staffs worldwide dedicated to put a stop to online fraud. And we work with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) worldwide to shut off fraudulent websites as soon as possible.

NOTE:Failure to abide to this means your Name and Address will be forward to the law enforcement agency in your country to get you arrested, because you are practicing fraud and your PayPal account and your bank account will be BLOCKED.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Yours sincerely,

INTERPOL TEAM

CONNECTING POLICE FOR A SAFER WORLD..................................................................................

................................And now I have my Item home because I dont send nothig anywhere

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THE NIGERIA SCAMs.....been ongoing for years....think yours is example 2.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria and people there cannot even own a paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Car Scam....large item scam.

Be VERY careful selling cars/large items if the buyer is keen to use paypal and states they are working abroad or sending to a friend etc and need a shipping agent to pick it up..

You then get a FAKE paypal email saying you have been paid extra so you can pay the shipping agent for them via western union and the payment is released to you after you have done that.

It is a scam to get that western union payment, they don't want your car and the shipping agent is just a scam to get that payment.

They are nearly always in Nigeria and can't even own a paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

claypipe
New Community Member

I have had a similar kind of email, do not trust Jordan David Sharon!!

AKA - jordanzq2 or sharonqz4

Check this story out, do you think I have fell of a Christmas Tree!!!!

Thanks for the mail,i am buying this for my daughter as his gift because i would not be around to celebrate with her i am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore and due to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want this item to be a surprise gift for my daughter so i wont let her know anything about the item until it gets delivered to her,i am sure she will be more than happy with the item.I will make the payment through paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account,as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payment as soon as possible for the item and pls if you don't have PayPal account yet,it is very easy to set up, go on www.paypal.com and get it set up ,after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you used for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up immediately you have receive the payment in full.please get back to me with your best price.
Jordan David

Login to Me Too

TDPharm
New Community Member

Hello PayPal Community,

I just received the same story. Thanks for the warning...

Thanks for the mail,i am buying this for my daughter as his gift because i would not be around to celebrate with her i am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore and due to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want this item to be a surprise gift for my daughter so i wont let her know anything about the item until it gets delivered to her,i am sure she will be more than happy with the item.I will make the payment through paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account,as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payment as soon as possible for the item and pls if you don't have PayPal account yet,it is very easy to set up, go on www.paypal.comand get it set up ,after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you used for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up immediately you have receive the payment in full.
Jordan David

Login to Me Too

Orla75
New Community Member
I thought I sold a iPhone today. A lady bought it from UK an waths me to send it to Nigeria to her son for his birthday. She has been sending me emails today looking r shud I say demanding a royal mail tracking numbers is this a scam also. I've received a message from PayPal saying payment received but when I log on my PayPal is oo.oo. Is this a scam also. An do I lose out on the price of listing and rellisting.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A SCAM.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria and people there cannot even own a paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nosynellie
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same idiot try it on with me last year, it amused me no end I can tell you! They don't give up easily either, had to laugh out loud at the Interpol email, so OTT. Told him to send the CIA, FBI and Inspector Clouseau of the Surete !for all I cared and that was the end of it!

Login to Me Too

grahamshewell

It seems he is trying hard!

Had this one today

Hi,i am a Navy (USNR -VS-82, NAS Alameda, VS-82.), I'm buying this for my friend as a surprise gift, so i'm willing to offer you the amount you required.
  Due to the hectic nature of my job, the only mode of payment that best suit this transaction is Paypal therefore i have made arrangement with my agent who is a registered arm dealer to come pick it up when payment has been cleared in your account so i would want you to get back to me with your pay pal email address for me to make payment to you and perhaps, your pick up address so i can have my agent to schedule pick up appointment after payment.
Kindly get back to me with the following questions below:

1) Are you the Owner?
2) Pick up Location?
3) Your PayPal Email ID to effect the payment
4)asking price once again for confirmation?

Thanks and God bless
From
Jordan David.

Thank goodness for the internet and being able to check things out!

Login to Me Too

Kennedy91
New Community Member
People need to be very cautious, I encountered one of these Nigerian scam artists two days ago, threatening me with legal action if I don't send them £200 for there so called pick up agent, there fake PayPal emails are quite convincing at first glance but a good read of it and it's clearly fake as they can not write in proper English very well, glad I'm not the only one to encounter these and it's brilliant this scam has been highlighted here on the forum. Everyone beware ! And do not send these scammers anything.
Login to Me Too

HappyStag
New Community Member
So glad that these scams are being posted up. We're new to PayPal through an online auction site and got very excited to see interest in one of our newly listed handmade items... David Sharon approached us via email wanting to buy a gift for his daughter. He's working off shore, blah,blah,blah... requesting our PayPal email and arrange local pickup by his agent, we Googled his name and up he popped... apparently wanting to buy tables, double decker buses and articulated lorries for his many sons and daughters all over the world! We're reported him through the online auction site. Case closed for us but please beware!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.