Money held! Paypal + Ebay = liars!

SammieWilson
Contributor
Contributor

I won't be using paypal anymore!! I'm finding an alternative, any suggestions?

My money is STILL being held despite their promise of quick clearing funds once an item is marked as sent, and tracking number added. I've don't my part, now I WANT my money. Once the person recieves my package, there is NO reason for money to be held. I sold, they bought, they recieved but still I haven't been given the money which is rightfully mine? Not good enough! My account is above standard, I've never had any trouble in the past, not even a negative comment. That should be enough to see I am not a scammer. Had enough. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is it the new seller hold? If so all the info is in the link below.

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SammieWilson
Contributor
Contributor

No.. I've been a buyer and a seller with Paypal and Ebay for years with NO negative feedback... not once. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Seems odd then.

Does it say anything about the new seller hold? If so then even if you have good feedback your star ratings may have been affected kicking in the hold.

If not then do you mean its a pending withdrawal?

If none of those apply why don't you contact customer services and ask why they are still holding your funds?

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

I'm having the same issue...

PayPal emails assured me they had my money so it was safe too send the package so they could release the funds to me once they had shipment details. Tracking etc and a day and a half later.. I'm still waiting.

I've sent emails and have had very little explanation as to what is actually going on

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You have already been told in other threads that you were scammed.

The transaction was not done via paypal to responded to a spoof email.

Paypal NEVER tells you to send an item before the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Joe561
New Community Member
Customer service are not trained, each call has a different story, they lie, policies not clearly stated and they change with each phone call, transfer to bank should take 24 hours but i am now at five days, ridiculous, never again over
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.