Missing Royal Mail Tracking number

lockedm
New Community Member

I used the paypal postage facilities to post something sold through ebay. I chose the royal mail next day recorded delivery option. I never made a note of the tracking number as I assumed it would be registered in my account. However, I only have a transaction ID. The buyer is saying they have not received the item. I am concerned that I may be being scammed. Does anyone know how I can get the tracking number from the paypal transaction? Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You pay for the postage via PayPal but you still have to hand the parcel over and say recorded/special delivery, they then give you a receipt showing the tracking number, if you don't have that you haven't sent signed for only paid for that service but not used it.

Login to Me Too

corina7og
Contributor
Contributor

I have to make a claim for the  resolution centre. They want  the Tracking Number where is it. and what is it?  A Ebay buyer says he has not received a item in America.  I have sent the parcel signed for so I can claim if it goes missing.  But I don't know where to find the Tracking number. Can you help please.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there corina7og,

As classy-diva says there, do you have the receipt from the post office?

If so and you have a tracking number it will be in the middle of the receipt  in the form of AHXXXXXXXXXGB.

It will have 2letters then 9 numbers and end in GB.

Login to Me Too

aiste
New Community Member

hello i order item is tracking number AH863971936GB   and i still didin't get i contact with seller his told me that his send thid item last week and i still didin't get thank you

Login to Me Too

daz7506

Another Im afraid,

Like you I used paypal to to pay for and print my label,  recorded signed for and tracked.

The label had to be use within 24 hours.  I posted the item within 3 hours and opted to follow one of the three ways to post the item as detailed on the email I recieved from paypal when i printed the label.

what to do now:   do one of the following  (This is paypals instructions)

1  hand in at the post office  (Possibility of a reciept here)

2  place in the post box  (No possibility of a reciept here)

3  arrange for a collection.

I posted 2 items on the same service by putting the parcels in the post box.

I parcel arrived at its destination the other didnt.

There is no tracking information on any paperwork or email or electronic transaction at this point.

How do you track the parcel using the transaction ID?

If I put the parcels in the post box as suggested by you paypal ,  who would give me a reciept.

Looking at the paypal transaction it now states status as posted.

You cannot trcak the parcel,  you cannot claim for loss even though they have charged you for it.  Its a con.   Paypal/ebay have now given the guy his money back and took it from my account even though I paid for an insured trackable delievery.

Help please,  

Darren

Login to Me Too

Suesi
New Community Member

It is a con, 2 post offices near me refuse point blank to give receipts how do I track a parcel?

Login to Me Too

4452Dagger
I had the same issue. Paid for postage via eBay and PayPal, took to the post office, it even said signed for on it. Got the receipt (with no tracking number) the iPhone 5S went missing. I have lost the phone and Paypal took the payment back. Now, I have no phone! I'm disgusted! First time I have used it. I'm going to report as a theft and get the police to track via the IMEI!
Login to Me Too

syedusmanshah
Contributor
Contributor

Another victim of this problem.

All the post office gave me was proof of pasting which has no tracking #

I paid for "special delivery" next day service.

this is absolute con, paypal system does not generate any Tracking # which is what should be happening at point of purchase.

All it states is take your parcel to post office and you expect that they would notice or know its special delivery

Login to Me Too

evbitzuk
Contributor
Contributor

I am completely confused as to all these claims of being scammed by PayPal/Post Office due to a lack of a tracking number.  If you have used PayPal (ie Royal Mail)'s online postage system to generate a label that you have attached to your parcel then THE TRACKING NUMBER IS ON THE LABEL!  It is the one directly under the 1D barcode (the stripy one as opposed to the '3D' one which looks like a square full of random little squares).

If you forgot to make a note of it, you should be able to call up the label again, as if you were going to re-print it, from within your PayPal history or via the email PayPal sent you when you created and paid for the label.  There is a 24 hour time limit on this.

All that said, unless you get 'proof of postage' for your parcel from the PO clerk then you will still be up a gum tree without a paddle because PayPal will still honour the customers claim.  It does not appear to matter what evidence you have as to having completed your side of the bargain, Paypal will always side with the buyer.  All you can do then is claim the loss back from the PO - you *did* put enough insurance cover on it, didn't you?!  It takes about a month in my experience to get your claim settled.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.