Micro Account

casnco
New Community Member

Hi.

I am a private ebayer. I generally buy but am selling off some items I have collected.  Most of the items I sell are under £10.00 and I find the fees sometimes make it not worth selling the item especially when items only have 1 bidder and starts at 99p. I am not a business. Does that mean I cannot open a micro account?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_paula

Hi casnco, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. 

May I suggest that you consider applying for micropayment. PayPal offer a separate fee structure for Verified Business/Premier merchants who only accept small UK to UK payments.

The fees are 5% + 5p per transaction compared to 3.4% + 20p which is the standard rate. 

It is most financially beneficial to you if you accept payments under £9 for accounts with the Micropayment fee structure. For this reason it may be advisable to have a separate account for the small or ‘Micropayments’.

Here’s how you can sign up for micropayment pricing:

1. Go to our micropayments website at https://micropayments.paypal-labs.com
  2. Click ‘Signup.’
  3. Select the appropriate country.
  4. Click ‘Login here.’
  5. Enter your PayPal account password and click ‘Log in.’

Allow 2 business days for the micropayment pricing to take effect.

Note:

Micropayment pricing applies to all transactions regardless of the transaction amount. For example, with micropayments pricing, it would cost 25p to receive a £4 payment and it would cost £1.05 to receive a £20 payment. 

I hope you find the information useful and thanks for your post

Paula 

Login to Me Too

kar3n2
Contributor
Contributor

This link to sign up for a micro account doesnt work. so where do we go to please?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi kar3n2,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

This feature is no longer available. I apologize for the inconvenience.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.